Codes!! Help!

6fourstroker

Reaction score
0f59cef2b0a280642d742933bb6809a6.jpg

Not sure what's good on but truck is boosting WAYYYYYYY too high. Light acceleration nearly pegs the boost needle. Cruising at 60mph on flat ground reading 2lbs of boost.

Anybody?

ckrueg

Reaction score
Do you have an egr delete btw? I think you're supposed to move the sensor and tube up behind the turbos to the crossover pipe. It almost never happens so I'm gonna wait to move mine until I lift the cab and replace the up pipes. Also driving slow seems to help, I'd guess it reduces the air flow under the hood to keep it a bit warmer

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Do you have an egr delete btw? I think you're supposed to move the sensor and tube up behind the turbos to the crossover pipe. It almost never happens so I'm gonna wait to move mine until I lift the cab and replace the up pipes. Also driving slow seems to help, I'd guess it reduces the air flow under the hood to keep it a bit warmer

Yea I have a full Egr delete. I'm not sure if I know what you mean. Don't know what sensor it is.

sootie

Reaction score
the sensor is in the uppipe. drill and tap the egr cooler block off plate that is right behind the turbos. relocate the sensor to there and put a pipe plug in where the sensor came out of. the heat from the turbos will keep it thawed out.

sootie

Reaction score
it is in the uppipe right where the horizontal cooler bolts on

6fourstroker

Reaction score
the sensor is in the uppipe. drill and tap the egr cooler block off plate that is right behind the turbos. relocate the sensor to there and put a pipe plug in where the sensor came out of. the heat from the turbos will keep it thawed out.

Is this hard to do with cab on? And I don't think I have a block off plate there? My coolers were deleted but still has the pipe that would have connected the lower cooler.

ckrueg

Reaction score
You would have to take that pipe off. It bolts on behind the turbos, then tap the block off plate and put in on up where the crossover pipe was bolted on

tbsimmons

Reaction score
it is in the uppipe right where the horizontal cooler bolts on

The EBP sensor stock is in the EGR pipe. Follow your block off plate back a couple of inches, thats the tube EBP tube. Follow that up and on top is the EBP sensor.

You take the block off plate off the bottom, drill and tap it to 1/4" NPT and screw the fitting from the EGR pipe into it and then the tube and sensor onto that.

I did mine cab on, not bad I had to cut the pipe in 2 places.
One at the bottom bend and one at the top.

6fourstroker

Reaction score
You would have to take that pipe off. It bolts on behind the turbos, then tap the block off plate and put in on up where the crossover pipe was bolted on

Ok I follow you now.

The EBP sensor stock is in the EGR pipe. Follow your block off plate back a couple of inches, thats the tube EBP tube. Follow that up and on top is the EBP sensor.

You take the block off plate off the bottom, drill and tap it to 1/4" NPT and screw the fitting from the EGR pipe into it and then the tube and sensor onto that.

I did mine cab on, not bad I had to cut the pipe in 2 places.
One at the bottom bend and one at the top.

Talking about removing the up pipe?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
No the EGR pipe.
The Up pipes are from the manifolds to the turbos.
Pop the hood and look behind the turbos.
You will see a pipe that bolts on the passenger side up pipe and runs towards the driver side then bends and runs down the backside of the block then makes another bend to the front of the truck. That is the pipe you block off plate is bolted too.

6fourstroker

Reaction score
No the EGR pipe.
The Up pipes are from the manifolds to the turbos.
Pop the hood and look behind the turbos.
You will see a pipe that bolts on the passenger side up pipe and runs towards the driver side then bends and runs down the backside of the block then makes another bend to the front of the truck. That is the pipe you block off plate is bolted too.

Yea that's the one. So that bad boy has to go.. Sounds like fun.

Thanks for the input guys, first I'm gonna take that tube loose and clean it out to make sure that's my issue.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
A quick way to clean the tube is just take the sensor off and put a rag over the tube and start the truck. It should blow it out for you. Then put the sensor back in.

Latest posts

Members online