Cold air intake

JRLott

Reaction score
You and Mike seem to be saying different things regarding the Stage 2 intake he manufactures.

Notneb

Reaction score
sure will. but it wont WORK with a bone stock truck , but the stage 1 will .

No he said what I'm trying to say, I'm just a little... Inebriated lol. I had the conversation over the phone with him when I did the instal, he said stage 2 wouldn't work with a stock truck, but would work fine with the Midwest piping kit. Words are just hard right now lol.

Last edited:

bhudson

Reaction score
I think what he meant was that it wouldn't work correctly unless you have it tuned and the exhaust done, but I think the tune is the key because of the increased air flow

1stock13

Reaction score
So I have the chance to get a stage 1 for a good deal, my truck is a 13 and will have an h&s, downpipe back exhast, and EGR del. very soon, my question is with this set up, would I notice much difference between the stage 1 and stage 2?

NickPic83

Reaction score
So I have the chance to get a stage 1 for a good deal, my truck is a 13 and will have an h&s, downpipe back exhast, and EGR del. very soon, my question is with this set up, would I notice much difference between the stage 1 and stage 2?
I was wondering the same

Cheap6.7

Reaction score

I don't think it's worth it if you can get a good deal on a st1. It's all about the filter man, the bigger the more clean air goes in and both stages have great filters.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
stage 2 WORKS on all stock piping 6.7 trucks. it just needs to be tuned so it doesnt throw a maf code .

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I was wondering the same

not anything substantial. the 5" allows for more maf scaling for more volume and lower air speed. the 5" will always trump the 4.5" , but not specifically in the tuner/intake/exhaust trucks.

1stock13

Reaction score
Sounds like the stage 1 would be the most cost effective way to go with tune/del.

mtwashingtonhunter

Reaction score
I have the Stage 1 and my '15 truck would not even run on it until oil temp reached 150 degrees...if anyone lives near Louisville, KY, I will sell mine DIRT CHEAP. It was only on my truck one day...total nightmare.
IDP tunes were supposed to keep truck from entering limp mode with this intake, never happened. Wasted a bunch of money on an intake that I can't even use.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I have the Stage 1 and my '15 truck would not even run on it until oil temp reached 150 degrees...if anyone lives near Louisville, KY, I will sell mine DIRT CHEAP. It was only on my truck one day...total nightmare.
IDP tunes were supposed to keep truck from entering limp mode with this intake, never happened. Wasted a bunch of money on an intake that I can't even use.

Please please please explain to us how an air intake can cause the truck to not run until EOT hits 150*. Please.
IDP tunes will limit the truck until EOT hits 100* but that has nothing to do with the intake.

JRLott

Reaction score
Please please please explain to us how an air intake can cause the truck to not run until EOT hits 150*. Please.
IDP tunes will limit the truck until EOT hits 100* but that has nothing to do with the intake.

Hush your Hooker mouth. I sent him an offer for the intake...:thumbsup:

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Yeah that's kind of amusing how an intake can cause that. Learn me some knowledge I wanna know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online