Cold. no start!

mpowerstroketwins08

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with my truck not wanting to start when the temperature drops outside. I've found that if I jump in and put key to run open the door, lock then unlock the doors it fires right up. I've had it plugged in overnight fires right up no problem. It seems to happen when it sits outside unplugged for a period of time

sootie

Reaction score
glow plugs are easy to swap but i doubt it is that. 6.4's hardly have any trouble starting in the cold.

what is the pats light on the dash doing? seems more of like a security thing to me.

also-what is your battery level like?

mpowerstroketwins08

Reaction score
So another cold day no start. Reading the owner's manual the pats light is flashing as it should to indicate the engine is enabled. Now I'm thinking it's the glow plugs. I'll try switching in some new ones hopefully that's it. Any suggestions for the glow plug exchange tips or tricks

ckrueg

Reaction score
A few times I forgot to heat the glow plugs in 25 degree weather and it still fires right up. I doubt that's the problem

mpowerstroketwins08

Reaction score
Changed batteries. Another cold day. It started 2 mins later bellowed smoke. Cylinder 7 misfire. Cylinder 7 contribution/balance codes came up. Cleared codes runs fine

Latest posts

Members online