COMPLETE FLUID CHANGE OUT 05 6.0 350

Harley350

Reaction score
I will be changing out ALL fluids on my 05 6.0 with 180k mi, looking for a complete list for " front, rear, trans, coolant, oil,!! And do i kneed to worry about break fluid ?
THANKS

Harley350

Reaction score
Forgot to mention transfer case , and will do break fluid now also thank you !
There are so many options on fluids its confusing ! I was looking for a list of brands/ weights/ aditives ex. For each component for my truck !! I tow a 6k lb camper a bunch in the summer other than that its my every day driver ! A good list would be nice and helpfull to me as i just bought this truck and want to git it to were i know it is a pice of mind !! Thank you again

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Well the owner's manual covers the required specs and weights needed for each. Brands are SUCH a opinionated request its hard to say what is "best". Additives should be considered as needed.

5w40 synthetics for the motor oil (10w30 is a good option), Mercon SP or LV for the trans, Mobil 1 is now making a rear diff fluid with the LS additive if needed.

Harley350

Reaction score
I here talk about Rev X ?? But ware ever i go to talk go to talk to someone about it they have no clue what i am talking about ! I here it does something good to the injectors but not sure ! I defently can not afford injectors rite now hence the reason i am kinda scared to change out my fuel filters ! Guess a couple whore storys scare me a little ! How do i know if i kneed say the ls aditive ? Would i go bye my miles or how mutch i tow ??

Harley350

Reaction score
Yes i read that a couple times that somewon changed filters then rite after injectors went ? I know i kneed to do it is there a rite and wrong way ?

Latest posts

Members online