Compound oiling

brackin2000pstroke

Reaction score
Have a truck in the shop with compounds and we are thinking it isnt gettin fed enough oil.. Anybody have different ways of runnin oil lines they would like to share?

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Extended Power

Reaction score
Use the -6 hard line, (3/8") and cut a tee into it. Make sure to ream out the cut end.
Off the tee, swedge down to -4 (1\4") lines to each turbo.

brackin2000pstroke

Reaction score
Use the -6 hard line, (3/8") and cut a tee into it. Make sure to ream out the cut end.
Off the tee, swedge down to -4 (1\4") lines to each turbo.
Ya we did that already.. Shelled the big turbo.. Our turbo guy believes that the big turbo is gettin starved.. Curious to see if anyone has ran to serperate oil lines and where from???

Extended Power

Reaction score
Ya we did that already.. Shelled the big turbo.. Our turbo guy believes that the big turbo is gettin starved.. Curious to see if anyone has ran to serperate oil lines and where from???

I have ran my big turbo's oil supply with a 6 foot 1/4" braided stainless steel line since the beginning...no issues.

Like I said though...make sure you ream the ends, so they are not crimped from the cutter wheel. The cutting wheel closes off the 3/8" line quite a bit, and will restrict the flow...I don't think to the point of chunkin a turbo, but maybe...

FaSSt9602

Reaction score

You sure your drain line is adequate? I have heard more oiling issues with drain problems causing too much oil to get pumped into a center section with nowhere to drain to. I think you should have AT LEAST a -10 drain line with a straight path (as possible) to the oil pan.

brackin2000pstroke

Reaction score
You sure your drain line is adequate? I have heard more oiling issues with drain problems causing too much oil to get pumped into a center section with nowhere to drain to. I think you should have AT LEAST a -10 drain line with a straight path (as possible) to the oil pan.
I'll have to look what size it is but I know its pretty decent size going to the pain.. I'd guess outside diameter is 1"..

brackin2000pstroke

Reaction score
And no restrictions, dips, kinks? It's a gravity drain, so it needs a clean quick path out of the turbo...
That maybe part of the issue... We are waiting for turbos to come back.. New heads and intake and a different fuel system... So once we get running it all back together I'll have to see how it's ran

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.