Compounds

Skinny

Reaction score
Need a little help from you guys in sizing for my larger turbo and injectors.. running a 62/65/70 what would be a good larger charge since i have seen guys run a s475, s478, s480? and will 225s be to much for my stock oil system? Will be upgrading my fuel system to a a1000 pump and dozers stage 3 return.

Lowering the truck back to stock adding a leveling kit and 35s

kevin

Reaction score
stay with 205s.. im running the same high pressure turbo as you with S478 and i did 651 at the tires on fuel

Skinny

Reaction score
yeah i have been reading your build and looks like it has been working very well for you..I have a meeting with a local shop here that builds twins for cummins and now looking at doing 6.0s compound set ups

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
max 205 injectors, seeing how your in the mountains of bc, for your large turbo i'd do a s475/83/1.25 t4 some on here will say that exhaust size is small but if you mount the second turbo on the passenger side were the battery is, the velosity lost from the long intermidiate pipe is huge, i ran that setup on the dually when we towed my race truck over the coke between kamloops and mission. you'll be happy

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
my pump is holding about 3600 psi with my 190's so I'd think 225's would really put a hurting on it. not much of a point to go that big if you're not even going to be using all the potential power. other guys with 205's are still dropping ICP as well. As far as turbo's go, I went a little on the larger side for my setup so I've got waaay more air than I currently need. that being said, it still spools well and runs great. still tossing around the idea to downsize the LP though. from what I've seen and heard, a 62/475(8) seems to be the ticket.

literally ZERO smoke under throttle but it still needs more fuel. matt and I talked about a helper pump setup for the oil side so I can step up the fuel but I need to water my money tree first.

Last edited:

Skinny

Reaction score
2nd on the s475 for the 62/65. Had a buddy who ran that setup and said it was awesome with 205's. Are you doing the fab work?

Was thinking getting cutting edge diesel to send me the kit -turbos but had an offer on Friday about making a kit at a local shop that makes there own cummins twins in house. Will know more this afternoon. I'm in no way a fab guy. And they have all the proper tools an equipment.

kevin

Reaction score
Make sure to remember the oil drain for the 2nd turbo.. that's the worst part imo :fustrate::fustrate:

Skinny

Reaction score
Yea not going to be fun while the motor is in the truck ill pre drill my spare I have while its out lol just incase this goes boom!

Last edited:

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Got your Stage 3 RR and A-1000 sitting here buddy, and +1 on shawns compound advice, no one is going to put them to the test like he will.

Latest posts

Members online