controlling 2 stages of nitrous

NoSlow6.0

Reaction score
Most everyone I know uses a wop switch. The progressive kits have been known to have some glitches and tear stuff up. I just use a wop switch and a switch you can hold in your hand like a line lock with the spiral cord. Make sure your bracket your wop switch is mounted to is good and rigid you might want to build your own rather that use the little brackets that come with most nos kits.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Ya but mine nitrous backfires right off the line. I need something to hit at 30-40ft or even 60ft. My secondstage is run off a nice button/spiral cord. Its really my first stage that I need help with. Right now I have a switch to arm the entire system. Then I have the wot pedal switch that engages the first stage. For my second stage to engage the wot switch, first arm switch, and second arm switch must all be engaged then the button will work for the second stage.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I would use a WOT switch and then use a timer for both stages if you dont want to hit off the line.
Progressive kits are hard on the solenoids from pulsing them.
Say your 60' is 1.7 or something, have it come on at 1.8 then the second stage come on at 2.5 or what ever the truck can handle.

simonton6.4

Reaction score
Wasn't someone on here trying to tap into the TPS and use it as a progressive controler idk if anything ever came of it or not but might be something to look into unless your giving full throttle at the start which in that case wouldn't benefit you any I don't think

blk350on20s

Reaction score
The truck sees a ton of odd ball drag racing. Sand drags, hill climbs and short course dirt so I'm gonna leave the second stage on a button so I can use it off and on. I like the timer idea. I think 1.5 seconds would be a good start. Anyone know how long it takes for the truck to shift to second? It would be nice to engage it right after the first shift. And yes the truck sees full throttle as soon as the light goes green

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Don't be a bitch
222968_10150230560701468_5868540_n.jpg

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Lmfao. How can I gangster lean with buttons like that? Not a bad idea though. I'll have to see how it feels holding there.

Blowby

Reaction score
Place the 1st stage jet pre-inter cooler to cause a softer hit with a slight delay.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Now were talking lol. Message me some details on it. Not quite sure if I want that to hit all at once racing though lol. I'm sticking with 60% they seem to be great with my setup.

Gearhead

Reaction score
You may want a window switch that doesn't allow the first stage to come on before your airflow is large enough not to stack nitrous in the intake. Or simply put your WOT switch in series with a hobbs switch that comes on at 30lbs of boost or something.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
The truck sees a ton of odd ball drag racing. Sand drags, hill climbs and short course dirt so I'm gonna leave the second stage on a button so I can use it off and on. I like the timer idea. I think 1.5 seconds would be a good start. Anyone know how long it takes for the truck to shift to second? It would be nice to engage it right after the first shift. And yes the truck sees full throttle as soon as the light goes green
I have never liked them on a button. Use two swtiches for arming each stage so you can turn one or both off.

Latest posts

Members online