converter stall

dommel01

Reaction score
what stall is everyone running with a single 75, my brother has been having trouble with his truck, so its apart for hopefully the last time, it has a stock stall precsion converter now, looking to go with a higher stall

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
what stall is everyone running with a single 75, my brother has been having trouble with his truck, so its apart for hopefully the last time, it has a stock stall precsion converter now, looking to go with a higher stall

2200 should do pretty well.

smoker00

Reaction score
that's pretty vague. the stall should be based on when it lights.. usually within 200 or so rpm of lighting.

I do understand that I was referring his S4 based charger.. We have used them in a few S3 S4 compound setups also worked well also. Even with the 2200 stall we had to have Matt R tweak the tune a bit to get it to light nice.
and any thing higher tends to make the converter have a short life.. I was not trying to be vague. I do apologies..

smoker00

Reaction score
2200 for all of ours. 7.3 stall

The some of the 6.4 were..

The 7.3 it really depends on who's making them when I hand that 76 it was about 2000 rpm stall.. now with gtx its a stock ish.. stall.. I have as high as 2400 in this 7.3..

My elevation is tuff on me with a large single..

I think you MPD guys have had good luck with the 2200..?

TALLBOY

Reaction score
Ive also been wondering about the stall on my truck.. it's a low stall im pretty sure it's 1800. It's a upgraded billet HD converter. Heres my issue. If i just flat foot it and hold the brake and trottle all the way to the floor it just blows smoke everywhere. Now before i got the large turbo and injectors it would smoke them off. Now it doesnt.... I talked to the guy that built my trans stage 3 build and he said that he thinks i would hate it if i were in increase the stall any. Should i just learn to hit the pedals just right or do i need a different converter AGAIN.... Also im going to get my truck re live tuned for my new setup soon that my help. Just need to know if its the wrong size converter or the generic custom tunes i have right now and definately need the live tuning...... My SIG is below...

Last edited:

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Don't flat foot it. Build up throttle and boost will come up. You are just over fueling it by flat footing it

B585Ford

Reaction score
OP,
Did you ever decide on what tranny you are going to replace your ZF6 with? Sorry for the partial derail.

TALLBOY

Reaction score
Good point. So this is pretty normal for the setup then. I'll just do some tweeking with my pedals instead of punching it. I really hope i get it before i take it to a track. lol.

Latest posts

Members online