Coolant filter

ja_cain

Reaction score
The best way that I have found to put the oil cooler back together is to lube the orings up really well then put the caps on either end of the cooler and place the assembly on top of a floor jack. In my case, I had a truck lift. I lifted it about 3 feet off of the ground. Put the floor jack and cooler underneath and slowly jack the cooler against the bottom of the lift until the assembly pops together. It's a very simple and fast process.

Great idea, btw! I did something similar to break torque rods loose on 5 ton trucks in Kosovo. Placed bg azz pipe wrench on threaded end and then used a porta-power (combined with the weight of the truck) to break the tapered end loose. Worked like a charm.

Attachments

• Torque-Rod.jpg_350x350.jpg
    Torque-Rod.jpg_350x350.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 154_0901_05_z+buying_jeep_military_trucks+axles.jpg
    154_0901_05_z+buying_jeep_military_trucks+axles.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 78

Freightshaker

Reaction score
I have an International pump on mine and switched to elc. As far as filters go I changed them with every oil change and cut them open. Every time I am seeing less and less trapped in the media. Now I only change them about every other oil change. As far as the pump with filter I love it. I need to get the diesel Site hose and a better t-stat housing for mine though. I would see nothing wrong with a diy filter base setup don't forget some valves. I went with a pump with filter since the original was puking coolant.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Got some parts in today. Just need to source some valves. I read somewhere that if you mount it on the firewall, higher than the heater core, you don't need valves. Will probably still put some in though.

8a1723d9ff820a0e815fdd2f0ed0a0c8.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
Here's a pic of my mounting. Makes for easy change. Have valves to ease the mess.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 76

psduser1

Reaction score
Sweet!
Valles are good. Couple of 3/8" npt ball valves eliminate any mess. I've got mine mounted from the radiator support, on the drivers side, and zero mess when I change the filter.
I pull the inlet from the water pump, and the return ties into the degas bottle line that runs across the top of the header,. I used a pex tee, 3/4" if i remember correctly, and worm drive clamps, no leaks.
I can't post pics, sorry.
Stupid phone.:(

ja_cain

Reaction score
Sweet!
Valles are good. Couple of 3/8" npt ball valves eliminate any mess. I've got mine mounted from the radiator support, on the drivers side, and zero mess when I change the filter.
I pull the inlet from the water pump, and the return ties into the degas bottle line that runs across the top of the header,. I used a pex tee, 3/4" if i remember correctly, and worm drive clamps, no leaks.
I can't post pics, sorry.
Stupid phone.:(

Sounds like you need a phone upgrade. Lol! Just need to get the ball valves and I can throw it in.

TMCCOY

Reaction score
For the oil cooler, I use a light coat of Vaseline on O rings and with just body weight leaned on it against the garage floor and it pressed together nicely. FWIW.

TMCCOY

Reaction score
Update on the coolant filter. I installed the sinister kit recently and just changed the first filter at a little over the prescribed 500 miles and cut it open to see what it would reveal. In my engines case, it was clean enough that with the hacksaw debris from cutting, I'd say it was virtually new. I guess not much need for my engine. I'll go a year on this next filter or until it plugs if it does so.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.