Coolingmist controllers

7.3 Cowboy

Reaction score
To those you with coolingmist water meth systems, witch controller are you running? Do you like it? I want to replace my aem controller with a better digital one I think.
Also witch nozzle should I be running I was thinking a coolingmist super atomizing 5. I have my tank mounted in my bed and have the nozzle in my intake manifold do i need a shutoff selniod or anything ?

Thanks

Binder man

Reaction score
I strongly suggest a shutoff solenoid. I've seen water systems hang open before. The AEM controllers have never bothered me that much though?

7.3 Cowboy

Reaction score
I strongly suggest a shutoff solenoid. I've seen water systems hang open before. The AEM controllers have never bothered me that much though?

thats what I was thinking. I want one i can mount into a gauge pod on my teering colum with out drilling holes in my dash is the main thing and seeing the flow rate wold be nice too

Binder man

Reaction score
Most people run 2-3 nozzles. Start a little one at lower boost and progressively kick in a second closer to max boost. Set it to where the EGT's stay steady and not dropping. Also depending on how much water your injecting, you might consider a water soluble oil to mix in with it.

7.3 Cowboy

Reaction score
Most people run 2-3 nozzles. Start a little one at lower boost and progressively kick in a second closer to max boost. Set it to where the EGT's stay steady and not dropping. Also depending on how much water your injecting, you might consider a water soluble oil to mix in with it.

I thought they increased pressure based on boost wich increased out put? Can you run two nozzles with one pump? This is first ever experience with water meth and I got the kit used for free.
Do you mix yours with oil ? I'm gonna run some washer fluid I have that is 40% methanol that I can get for around a dollar a gallon

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
I have one stage with two of the CM6 nozzles in the intake y (seperate sides) that comes on at the 'max' setting, while one CM8 injector is in the intake Y farther away from the engine that comes on at 10% DC once the 'min' pressure is achieved, and proressively ramps up in duty cycle to the max setting. I have mine come on at 10 psi and max at 30. Both stages have the solenoids, and i use the failsafe. It does it's job almost too well. Always throwing a code it seems.

Blowby

Reaction score
I've been using the Coolingmist controller for about 5 years now. Older technology than the new digital but never let me down. I have it set to start at 60 pounds of boost and ramp up to full flow at 100. I'm using two 600 ml jets at the Y (one on each side) and one 325 ml jet prior to the HP turbo. The pump is pushing water with a little cutting oil at 1000 psi and ramps down to 800 psi at the end of the track.

7.3 Cowboy

Reaction score
I have one stage with two of the CM6 nozzles in the intake y (seperate sides) that comes on at the 'max' setting, while one CM8 injector is in the intake Y farther away from the engine that comes on at 10% DC once the 'min' pressure is achieved, and proressively ramps up in duty cycle to the max setting. I have mine come on at 10 psi and max at 30. Both stages have the solenoids, and i use the failsafe. It does it's job almost too well. Always throwing a code it seems.

Do you just have one pump?

Latest posts

Members online