Cracked Bed Plate (6.4)?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
:Update:

Got the dually back service wrote "Verify customer concern. Preform visual inspection, Clean out oil leaks , added engine oil dye and checked with UV light. Found multiple oil leaks coming from engine bed plate DS rear side , crankshaft position sensor ,rear engine cover P/S next to the starter mount area. Drained coolant and removed cab assembly and front end to gain access and removed engine assembly,removed front and rear cover, HPFP , oil pan and engine bed plate. R/R engine bed plate, upper and lower oil pan gasket seal ,crankshaft sensor, front and rear engine cover gasket, HPFP cover kit ,rear main seal ,crankshaft sensor ... Reinstall all parts, replace engine oil filter added 15 QT oil bulk 15W40 CJ4, added 50/50 mix coolant ,recharge A/C unit ... Clean out oil leaks, bleed HP/LP fuel system. Preform KOER on demand test and pass. Road test vehicle OK at this time." I left ford I noticed that fuel temp was ranging from 150-165 and the clutch fan was kicking on and off the whole way. ( I had AE hooked up to the truck and I was checking for codes every 5 miles.) (No codes popped up untill I was about 2 miles from my house). I checked for codes one last time P008C popped up. The truck had a little surging at idle when I got home. I Looked the code up "fuel cooler pump circuit" checked the fuel cooler res. Checked good commanded the fuel cooler on and no go. So I'm guessing the pump is burnt or its unplugged. What you guys think? I didn't have enough time to check it out today.

Last edited:

madman1234509

Reaction score
Never seen the fuel cooler pumps go bad. When I head the head gaskets done on my 08, the fuel cooler pump came on and wouldn't stop running, couldn't figure out why. Had an air pocket at the lowest point of circulation. I'd check that first. You can always test the pump with a 12v source if you have any concerns.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Never seen the fuel cooler pumps go bad. When I head the head gaskets done on my 08, the fuel cooler pump came on and wouldn't stop running, couldn't figure out why. Had an air pocket at the lowest point of circulation. I'd check that first. You can always test the pump with a 12v source if you have any concerns.

What's the highest the fuel temp can get up to before it starts to cause problems? Cruising on the highway at 60 it was going from 150-159. Stop and go traffic it was ranging from 160-165 the clutch fan was kicking on and off the whole way home and of course the P008C code popped up a few times.

78f100

Reaction score
I had one last week come with the coolant pump to the fuel cooler screaming. But that's the only bad one I have seen so far, and it was still running just sounded bad.

Stroked777

Reaction score
When I had my cab up I was driving mine home from the shop with the coolant pump screaming as well. I just kept adding fluid and the eventually it stopped and then the coolant level maxed out maybe one fill up later

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
When I had my cab up I was driving mine home from the shop with the coolant pump screaming as well. I just kept adding fluid and the eventually it stopped and then the coolant level maxed out maybe one fill up later

Pump doesn't even turn on the level in the fuel cooler res stays the same no changes when hot or cold. Fuel cooler radiator doesn't even get hot (with fuel temp at 160 I can hold my hand on the the fuel cooler radiator and its cool to the touch).

Stroked777

Reaction score
Did you try to put power to the pump? The pump is accessible by removing the inner fender, it's towards the front of the truck. If you have trouble seeing it just follow the coolant line down. Follow the wires and make sure the connection is good. I believe you said you have AE, I never used it before but can you command the pump to turn on with it?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Did you try to put power to the pump? The pump is accessible by removing the inner fender, it's towards the front of the truck. If you have trouble seeing it just follow the coolant line down. Follow the wires and make sure the connection is good. I believe you said you have AE, I never used it before but can you command the pump to turn on with it?

Yup I got AE I commanded the pump on with the KOEO and KOER and no go. It doesn't even attempt to even turn on or make any noises. I checked the connection its good and tight.