Cracked nozzles.....

baderic03

Reaction score
I guess I just feel into the small % of ppl who have had 400% nozzles crack. What a smoke show it was.

I guess there off to get them flow tested and new nozzles

smoker00

Reaction score
I would PM TRAM he just went threw the trouble shouting for that he could help you.. Is the 450/400 you just got?

Sorry now that i see you found it never mind.. I need to read more..

Last edited:

baderic03

Reaction score
I figured out nozzles since coolant is perfect w no fuel in it no fuel in oil and all levels are good And the smoke smelt like fuel And the motor is hydro locked from the fuel. The joys of owning a heavily modded truck

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Another one bites the dust! What made you go from 200s to 400s?

Seems as though there is no reliable 400% nozzle, some work and some don't. If you can't afford for it to happen every once in awhile id go back to 200s and save yourself some money! Unless its a competition only truck, then i take that back.

smoker00

Reaction score
ya its fun just got my truck running good and destroyed my 76mm precision turbo..
It didn’t like 50 to 60 psi.. lol so two turbo going back on it is see what i can brake next.. sorry for your luck its my luck to.. i wonder what can be done to fix the issue withe the 400s doing that..:ford:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
ya its fun just got my truck running good and destroyed my 76mm precision turbo..
It didn’t like 50 to 60 psi.. lol so two turbo going back on it is see what i can brake next.. sorry for your luck its my luck to.. i wonder what can be done to fix the issue withe the 400s doing that..:ford:

A stronger material.... the size of the holes on that small of a surface seems to be too much for the current material.

Low pressure can also damage, but generally most of the guys running 400% are smart enough to address that issue.

baderic03

Reaction score
Low pressure?

I went from 250/200s to 450/400s and I sled pull the the truck Less then 15k miles on the injectors. So we will see.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
You gotta think to get those big azz nozzles to atomize at all there is alot of icp and a short pulsewidth take a hydraulic cylinder and slam it with 18-19k psi back and forth with the heat the cylinder is making chit is gonna break eventually it's a miracle they don't fail as often as one would think

baderic03

Reaction score
And that's what my truck looked like. Actually was worse then that. Got to love the fuel knock that goes with it.

Mhmm 12v 5x.020 injectors,cam,single s475 and my auto. I think I'll be making a lot more power way cheaper

smoker00

Reaction score
Im thinking thee same when this engine pops I have a 5.9 12v out of a old f650 im my shop.. getting ready to go in.. I am going to put a 24v head on it..

smoker00

Reaction score
Sounds good but 5k spring and a pump built to make power up there we did a 4k in my buddy's it start pulling fuel at 3800..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.