Crank no start until r&r ficm

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
On my way back to work from lunch my trans started slipping so I hooked up the ids and checked codes. After I pulled codes, my truck would just crank and not start. Icp was about 600psi, has rpm and sync, ficm is a 58v for swamps with a php tune but voltage was 47 and 9. Did an injector buzz test and got codes for all 8 injectors, So I pulled the ficm and checked for corrosion in the pins and found none. Put the ficm back on and ran a buzz test again, it passed and the truck started. I shut it off and restarted it a couple times and then parked it. When I went to leave work it did the same thing. I'm thinking the ficm is at fault even with the good voltage. Anybody have ficm issues like this before?

Mdub707

Reaction score
Yes, I have. I've had DOZENS of different FICM's on my truck as I was doing repair work on them. I have had them read perfectly good voltage and make the truck run like complete garbage.

What pops out to me is you said voltages were 47 and 9. Sounds like power feeding the FICM might be at fault here, not the FICM itself. I'd make sure those big plugs are seated FIRMLY. I'd keep an eye on those FICM voltages, and it might not hurt to have your batteries load tested to see how they are holding up.

broncof250444

Reaction score
Yep ficm feed volt could have a problem. But also take a look at your fan clutch wires to make sure they aren't cut, With that trans slipping and such and ficm doing some crazy stuff ive had a few fan clutch wires chewed up before causing that same concern.

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
I suspect the supply voltage due to the couple extended cranks before hooking up the scan tool. Either way I went to get mexican for dinner tonight, when I went to leave I had a crank no start even after unplugging the ficm. I'm going to go grab a known good ficm from a friend and give it a try. I'll let you guys know.

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
When I got back to my truck last night it fired right up. Checked codes and had inj ckt codes for all 8 again. I left the original ficm in it and let it run this morning and it shut itself off after an hour and a half. Again inj codes, so I swapped ficms and let it run. It's now been idling for about 6 hours now so I think I need to order a new ficm. Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.