CRAZY UNDIAGNOSABLE NOISE AFTER Fuel system replacement

ioang26

Reaction score
I have changed fuel contamination kits on multiple 6.7 ,never had this problem before. And this is the only time I decided to use a Remanufactured kit instead of brand new. The truck starts but this crazy noise comes from the top engine Fuel filter . The exit port line of the filter is vibrating ,starts building a high fuel pressure and when depressing the accelerator it pops the Return Fuel line on injector#6 , and if pedal pushed to sudden the truck boigs down and dies off. I scanned it and here are the codes: P228F, P0191,P127A ,P0275 I am thinking to start pulling FRP sensor and regulator and the Volume control regulator on the top of the CP4 pump.
Now wondering if this is going to fix the problem or you may have any other clue what could be happening.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I have changed fuel contamination kits on multiple 6.7 ,never had this problem before. And this is the only time I decided to use a Remanufactured kit instead of brand new. The truck starts but this crazy noise comes from the top engine Fuel filter . The exit port line of the filter is vibrating ,starts building a high fuel pressure and when depressing the accelerator it pops the Return Fuel line on injector#6 , and if pedal pushed to sudden the truck boigs down and dies off. I scanned it and here are the codes: P228F, P0191,P127A ,P0275 I am thinking to start pulling FRP sensor and regulator and the Volume control regulator on the top of the CP4 pump.
Now wondering if this is going to fix the problem or you may have any other clue what could be happening.

Check and make sure the primary filter is all the way tight. That shouldn’t make it blow the line off, but it’ll cause the noise. If it is tight, you’ve probably got a restriction in the return somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ioang26

Reaction score
Today checked the main filter - tight all the way, but found the flex line (that goes to Driver's side rail Pressure regulator) to be kinked and twisted . That should be causing the restriction. Am I on the right path?
1697937811711.png

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Today checked the main filter - tight all the way, but found the flex line (that goes to Driver's side rail Pressure regulator) to be kinked and twisted . That should be causing the restriction. Am I on the right path?
View attachment 187260

Depending on how kinked it was, it definitely could be. If it was kinked as much as a garden hose you’re cutting water flow from, yes, if it just has a little kink in it, it would probably be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ioang26

Reaction score
The picture is at its normal position ,when connected it becomes a lot worse -kinked and twisted sideways . It would be probably 80% restricted at least. I am ordering a new one ASAP and hopefully that is the culprit.

Tiha

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Reaction score
I had that noise during my cp4 adventure. The hose I was using with the pressure test port got pinched. For me it was a simple fix. But if that hose doesn't fix your problem I would try another fuel filter.

ioang26

Reaction score
I had that noise during my cp4 adventure. The hose I was using with the pressure test port got pinched. For me it was a simple fix. But if that hose doesn't fix your problem I would try another fuel filter.
What happened in your case of CP4 replacement ? Any tips ?

Tiha

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Reaction score
What happened in your case of CP4 replacement ? Any tips ?
I honestly have no idea what to tell people.

Bought the motorcraft reman kit. Thought I was buying decent parts. Certainly could have done it cheaper. CP4 was dead out of the box. I think one injector is bad. haven't dealt with the injector yet.

It is not the same truck. Top end is lacking compared to what it used to be. I am driving it. It is starting great. At some point I need to do a couple hard runs and watch my fuel pressures see if maybe the new cp4 isn't keeping up.

I cannot recommend the reman motorcraft kit. I don't trust it yet. Honestly thinking about finding a New bosch pump or trying the cpx. See if it makes it run like it used to.

ioang26

Reaction score
I honestly have no idea what to tell people.

Bought the motorcraft reman kit. Thought I was buying decent parts. Certainly could have done it cheaper. CP4 was dead out of the box. I think one injector is bad. haven't dealt with the injector yet.

It is not the same truck. Top end is lacking compared to what it used to be. I am driving it. It is starting great. At some point I need to do a couple hard runs and watch my fuel pressures see if maybe the new cp4 isn't keeping up.

I cannot recommend the reman motorcraft kit. I don't trust it yet. Honestly thinking about finding a New bosch pump or trying the cpx. See if it makes it run like it used to.
WOW! Even Ford can't do it right anymore? Are telling me you had to remove and reinstall the CP4 , three times so far? That is a nightmare . As far as a bad injector - what symptoms do you have ?

Tiha

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Reaction score
Most projects that I do for me turn out like this. Silly but just my life. On the same note I didn't run the truck until it died. Tried to fix it before it got that far.

The truck runs different. I get a puff of smoke on take off. Never used to do that. You barely touch the throttle and the truck wants to take off like you are stepping really hard. But on the upper end it falls on its face. I kind of hoped it was fords computer relearning. But hasn't gotten better. Keep saying I am going to clean the map and maf and see if that changes anything, but I shouldn't have to.

On the injector, I don't know if that is causing my smoke issue, but my fuel trim on that one injector is way farther out than even the old injectors I replaced that tested bad. It is taking fuel out so it is over fueling. But maybe it is working perfectly fine. I just suspect everything because it doesn't run the same.

My boost is great, the same. For all accounts it looks like the same truck but it is not.

hskfab

Reaction score
+1 On the cpx. I have the 10.3mm. No need for a disaster kit, and buckets are pinned preventing rotation. Another good one is coastal diesel and performance.

Tiha

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Reaction score
+1 On the cpx. I have the 10.3mm. No need for a disaster kit, and buckets are pinned preventing rotation. Another good one is coastal diesel and performance.
Question, so on the 10.3 mm, Do you need programming or does that work on stock engine?

i was curious about that and didn't find the answer. To me the larger pistons mean faster starts, more fuel pressure available all the time, but I don't want to increase fueling.

hskfab

Reaction score
You need to re-scale the volume control with tuning yes preferably. But it will work without it but it's pointless on a stock engine. The whole point of a stroker is it increases volume per stroke to keep up with high injector pw demands or aftermarket injectors. Rcd makes a non-stroker with the pinned buckets and case drain return to tank.

ioang26

Reaction score
Truck is fixed ,thank the Lord!
Replaced the Low pressure rail where at the flex connection was a kink and the screeching noise stopped and no more blow off return line of injector#6.
But there was another problem - Rail pressure at 6511 psi and at KOEO it would still shows 2600psi which was impossible. Cracked an injector line and no pressure at all , not a single drop and FRP sensor still shows 2600 psi.
Turned out to be a defective FRP sensor which was BRAND NEW . Replaced it with another one and all pressures back to normal.

Members online

No members online now.