"Crude Intentions" Build

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Jonesville Mi? I used to work with a Kevin Sparks from jonesville. Any relation by chance? Gonna be one stout truck when your done.
Kevin is my Dad.
Gonna debut at Waldron?
Negative I will be close to done by then but I don't think I'll be 100%. But I'll be down there helping tech. Come say hi.

Aren't you apart of Michindoah pullers?
Looking forward to seeing his together, almost identical motor build to my Dually
She's gonna be a fat bottom girl when done. I've got 2011+drw fenders when done.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

PDT1081

Reaction score
Kevin is my Dad.

Negative I will be close to done by then but I don't think I'll be 100%. But I'll be down there helping tech. Come say hi.

Aren't you apart of Michindoah pullers?

Maumee Valley. Have connections to Waldron fire department. I'll be there unless this kid decides to make an appearance before then. Not sure what job I'll have yet.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Got my RCD pan back from the polishers today.

03ff28076e3fdc5b26c29021c1423ae7.jpg

Black AOD

Reaction score
Got my RCD pan back from the polishers today.

03ff28076e3fdc5b26c29021c1423ae7.jpg

As absolutely stunning as that polish job is, why polish it? The track is just going to rip that polish job up on the pan. I have that same pan, only reason why I'm asking lol

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
As absolutely stunning as that polish job is, why polish it? The track is just going to rip that polish job up on the pan. I have that same pan, only reason why I'm asking lol
Honestly it will probably be the sand from the dunes that dulls the shine the most. Doubt the pulling track will do much to it. And I polished it for a few reasons.

1. Aluminum is supposed to shine imo.
2. Why not?
3. It's a bad ass piece of American craftsmanship, so let's make it better yet.
4. The guys I pull with would have noticed the pan in bare aluminum within a pull or two. So why not make them notice the first hook.
5. The guy only charged me $40 to do it. Lol

Last edited:

Black AOD

Reaction score
Honestly it will probably be the sand from the dunes that dulls the shine the most. Doubt the pulling track will do much to it. And I polished it for a few reasons.

1. Aluminum is supposed to shine imo.
2. Why not?
3. It's a bad ass piece of American craftsmanship, so let's make it better yet.
4. The guys I pull with would have noticed the pan in bare aluminum within a pull or two. So why not make them notice the first hook.
5. The guy only charged me $40 to do it. Lol

I wouldn't do it personally but comment #3 wins epicly so I'll just say fair enough LOL

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it personally but comment #3 wins epicly so I'll just say fair enough LOL

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
To each is own. Originally it was gonna get painted Gloss Black and hidden. But after seeing what a few other trucks have done this past winter, idgaf. Now it's about what I want vs hiding everything. I mean we have trucks hooking on Real Wheels this year. I don't feel bad about polishing and powder coating a few things now.

Shafer171

Reaction score
Kevin is my Dad.

I worked for Brand Const back in the day, we built part of his shop. I may have to come check this build out first hand and see how many ideas I can steal! Keep up the good work.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Kevin is my Dad.

I worked for Brand Const back in the day, we built part of his shop. I may have to come check this build out first hand and see how many ideas I can steal! Keep up the good work.
Ah I see. I haven't seen Scott in years. I see Paul about 2 times a week.

Shafer171

Reaction score
Scott is my landlord now, I don't think he's too happy with the ford graveyard I have going on here now lol

shmoozer

Reaction score
Looks great! I think Navistar orange would've been just as cool. But that's just me..I'm a little weird lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PDT1081

Reaction score
I guess I don't remember that. Oh well make sure to swing by the scales and say hey. I'll have a red RCD hat on.

Sorry I didn't make it over to introduce myself. Building the track took right til start time, then I was stuck in the scraper tractor all night.
To each is own. Originally it was gonna get painted Gloss Black and hidden. But after seeing what a few other trucks have done this past winter, idgaf. Now it's about what I want vs hiding everything. I mean we have trucks hooking on Real Wheels this year. I don't feel bad about polishing and powder coating a few things now.

At least one set of cut tires that I spotted also.