Custom tune help.

rsmith0801

Reaction score
Looking for some help an honest advice. First off I have a 2008 6.4 I bought a few months ago that came obviously with some kind of tune. It has the E G R turned off and a D P F/C A T d e l e t e. There are 3 sensors underneath the truck with the front two still connected but zip tied to the harness. The last one, furthest to the rear apparently was hard to remove so it has a resistor plugged into the connector instead of the sensor. Truck runs really good but I did not get the tuner with the truck. Since I have had the truck, I have had the P200E code twice now with the "your waiting an hour before you crank your truck after you c l e a r the code" scenario. First time, I literally had to wait the hour and luckily had an OBDII scanner with me to c l e a r the code. Second time, I got impatient and got underneath and jumped the starter for it to start. All is good right now but trying to figure out why it has done this twice now. My Scan tool reads the Bank1 & 2 temps and they are always below 150 and no more than 20 degrees difference. I can not read the 3rd one and believe that maybe the one causing this issue. I am thinking I will buy a sensor, just to have it plugged in to see if this solves it.

My question is, I have a friend that had a 6.0 with a SCT X4 tuner that didn't go when he sold the truck. I literally bought the tuner and a case of the Stanadyne injector cleaner for $100. I believe the tuner is still married to the 6.0 but I will send it to SCT and pay the $150 to have it unlocked. After it is unlocked and married to my truck, can I get some custom tunes that have the D P F d e l e t e built in and where is the best place to get them? I have read numerous forums on this topic and made several phone calls but due to the EPA, everyone is reluctant to give any info or where tunes can be obtained. I have heard G*******d, Rivercity and P******T have good tunes but do not know if the contain the D P F d e l e t e in their tunes. I appreciate any advice you can give.

Last edited:

78f100

Reaction score
You can use the x4 once sct unlocks it, most tuners don't require the sensors to be installed. It is hard to find someone who will sell you(that type) of tune now with all that's going on. But I promise you they are out there.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
We can unlock it for you and load the tunes on it for you. $150 plus cost of tune pack.

Latest posts

Members online