Cyl number 5 misfire...... Sh!t :-(

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Pull the fuel filter and check for metal in the filter and in the bottom of the bowl. Also maybe swap nozzles from injector to injector and see if the code follows the nozzle or the injector since you bought used nozzles. When I swapped the nozzles tho they looked good from what I could tell

Beans71086

Reaction score
What are you using for filters?

10 micron before the pump and 4 after. Cat filters

where did you get the injectors that you put in that truck?

that is assuming that you replaced all 8 at the time of your build?

We replaced 2 at build time, wasn't going to replace any because they only had 42,xxx miles on them. But I ended up busting two trying to get the nozzles off.
So all together it had 3 ford remans in it.

Pull the fuel filter and check for metal in the filter and in the bottom of the bowl. Also maybe swap nozzles from injector to injector and see if the code follows the nozzle or the injector since you bought used nozzles. When I swapped the nozzles tho they looked good from what I could tell

Ten four, I think we're going to dive Into this tonight.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
10 micron before the pump and 4 after. Cat filters

We replaced 2 at build time, wasn't going to replace any because they only had 42,xxx miles on them. But I ended up busting two trying to get the nozzles off.
So all together it had 3 ford remans in it.

Ten four, I think we're going to dive Into this tonight.

iv'e seen lots of issue's with the 08 injectors. i would highly suggest you replace the remaining 5!!!

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Wasn't around 45k miles was it? Lol

Just suck it up and replace them all.

On a side note, what causes these to fail? We tore it apart in late Sept and didn't get all the parts to finish it up until late December. Could lack of use or sitting for that long of a time cause them to go bad?

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Just suck it up and replace them all.

On a side note, what causes these to fail? We tore it apart in late Sept and didn't get all the parts to finish it up until late December. Could lack of use or sitting for that long of a time cause them to go bad?

bad first design. look up the control circuit in those injectors. you will see plates stacked on top a each other. when the injector is commanded to fire, current deforms those plates allowing the injector to fire.

the first design/ run of those injectors, often times those plates would not relax back to their original shape allowing the injector to close. (aka hung open injector)

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
With remans?

i haven't seen any issues with the replacements. the newest superseded pt no. injectors can be identified by a big x character on the green solienoid.

and just a note. i have not had any issues with the remans previous to the above either.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
67,000 miles is when I found out the hard way that 5 of them had been leaking. I never had any codes though. All 5 that had been leaking were recalled by FoMoCo.

there was a silent recall on the early injectors. the general public really didnt know about it.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Great you guys have me worried about my 07' build date and 90k miles..

honestly if you were going to have a issue? you would have seen it by now.

not to say you can't though.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Yeah, I just did some searching and came up with nothing. How do I participate in this silent recall ?

you can't. its been over for a couple years now. mostly the recalls were conducted silently in the dealership.

78f100

Reaction score
My motor was a 07 build, one of mine stuck open and bent a rod and busted the piston. I bought a 08 build motor and am using the injectors from it on my new build. If I have any sign of a problem I will get all new ones.

Beans71086

Reaction score
So because I had already ordered a new inj and secure a spot in martys shop for this evening, we just went ahead and replaced the bad one. Tax return money is coming next week, so ill just go ahead and order 4 more to seal the deal.

We took the fuel filters off, my fuel water separated doesn't have a bowl so I guess I'll cut them both open. What's the best way to go about that without destroying them?

i haven't seen any issues with the replacements. the newest superseded pt no. injectors can be identified by a big x character on the green solienoid.

Maybe I didn't look in the right place but I didn't see a big X anywhere on the new inj.
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums...5-8D90-1DD40C3F8E92-2831-0000017CA86ACFAC.jpg

Latest posts

Members online