Daily Driver Setup

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
For the ultimate fun daily driver truck what would you go with? It doesn't tow at all but I would like to someday tow a fifth wheel. Assuming a stock truck with Gearhead tuning...it will get the necessary EGR delete and studs.

ford rules

Reaction score
Depends what kinda power your looking for?
I love my non VGT 366 setup and the sound is awesome too lol

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I agree with matt, one of my favorite setups we do is a 364 with 190/100s...good all around driver with just enough power and reliability

strokin6L

Reaction score
That was my favorite setup also when I had a 64/71/70 non vgt. But it was a t3 instead of the t4. Which I'm sure a 64mm t4 would be worlds better than what I ran.

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
I vote 190s with a 66 or 68 vgt. Had a 68 vgt that I swapped to a s366, which I wouldn't recommend for a daily. If you go non vgt stick with a 64 or smaller.

MossBack

Reaction score
175's and barder 68 with innovative tune is fun. Hangs with a stock deleted 6.4 w/ minimax

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I can't comment on vgt, but I also think a 364 fmw with some true 175/75's maybe 190's would be a good time, It has to spool quick to have fun on the street.

Countryboy07

Reaction score
How would a small non VGT turbo do with stock injectors?

Back when I had my 6.0 I ran a turbonetics 58mm non VGT with stock injectors and looney toon from Viv. Was a really fun set up and got that awesome non VGT sound. After that I ran a II 62/70 with stock injectors with the same tune from Viv. Again, it was a fun set up. Then bumped the injectors up to 190/100's from Full Force and ran out of air quickly! It was a fun set up, but ran really hot and smokey when trying to tow even with a tow tune. Good street set up though. All in all though, I personally liked the 58mm non VGT and stock injectors with a hot tune.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Doesn't really tow at all... and... would like to tow a 5th wheel some day are opposite ends of the spectrum LOL

I agree with the guys that said a smaller turbo would be better for all around street truck with the possibility of towing. Bigger turbos make more power... but they make the power higher up in the rpm band. You will sacrifice drive ability and towing ability to gain top end power. You have to decide how much you are willing to sacrifice on either end of the spectrum.

What do you want more? Spool up/drive ability/towing OR Power... that will help you decide what size you want.

IMO here are 3 great choices -

175/stock and a KC stage 1.5- This turbo setup wont win any dyno races but it will be very spirited in town for daily driving and can tow anything. Probably put you about 485-515hp

175/30 and a KC stage 2 - This is a blast to drive and you probably wont even notice any turbo lag. Your tranny is going to start struggling. It can still tow heavy but you just have to keep your rpms up. Probably put you around 500-550hp

190/30 and KC stage 3 - All out street race truck that flat out halls A##... This setup performs well at the track and has shown to make Very impressive power. This is where you will really start to notice the turbo lag. Around town will be no problem but get locked up in OD under 1600rpms and you will notice. Many people do tow with this setup but you have to watch your temps and keep the rpms up. Should be around 550-600hp (although some have made much higher than that)

Let me know if you have any questions about turbos or sizing. Send me a PM or email.

[email protected]

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Thanks KC. I didn't realize how contradictory that post was haha. Right now it doesn't tow anything but I wouldn't like to take towing off the table since eventually I want a fifth wheel.

valvetick

Reaction score
I have Charlie's KC68 and Warren 190/75 as well and it is a very strong set up for just bolt on parts. My truck is heavy on 35's and I feel its pretty quick. Driving around town is fine like Charlie said but towing with this set up you will need to keep the rpms up so regear or lock out over drive. Mine towing wont get hot on my tow tune until it goes into over drive at 60+ and the rpms are below 2000-2100. But if you aren't towing driving around town its perfect you can drive it like a stock truck or lay into it if you want to try and get a ticket.

Latest posts

Members online