Dana 60 rotors vs Dana 50

cbuttre835

Reaction score
OK, from what Ive read, it appears that the balljoint 1992 Dana 60 I have, with the slide pin calipers will not use the same rotors as the D50 TTB from my 1997 with the larger bolt on calipers.

Search appears to indicate that 95-97 50s and 60s use a larger caliper, and that they will even swap between axles, and rotors and all outer parts except spindles are the same.

This kind of threw me for a loop, was planning on re using rotors from the 50... any confirmation that I can't is appreciated. Right now I'm trusting rockauto. com part differences...

97powerstroke

Reaction score
If my memory serves me right the year differences are 86-91, 92-94 and 95-97 for brakes and calipers. You can swap out your 92 knuckles for the 95-97 knuckles and bolt all your brakes on from the dana 50.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
OK, from what Ive read, it appears that the balljoint 1992 Dana 60 I have, with the slide pin calipers will not use the same rotors as the D50 TTB from my 1997 with the larger bolt on calipers.

You are correct. Also the brake hose are different with the slide pin calipers.

Search appears to indicate that 95-97 50s and 60s use a larger caliper, and that they will even swap between axles, and rotors and all outer parts except spindles are the same.

The spindles are also the same.

The spindles from a kingpin D60 have a longer pilot to go through the slide pin caliper bracket which is separate part on the kingpin axles.

This kind of threw me for a loop, was planning on re using rotors from the 50... any confirmation that I can't is appreciated. Right now I'm trusting rockauto. com part differences...

See above replies

If my memory serves me right the year differences are 86-91, 92-94 and 95-97 for brakes and calipers. You can swap out your 92 knuckles for the 95-97 knuckles and bolt all your brakes on from the dana 50.

I've done this swap with my '94 D60 axle.

Billy T.
[email protected]

cbuttre835

Reaction score
The spindles are also the same.

The D50 and D60 spindles I have are different? Dimensionally the same on the outside, but the 60 spindles fit "deeper" into the knuckle - have a longer flange on the backside.

The 50 spindles look like they would put more load on the spindle bolts, with the narrower lip that they have.

gnxtc2

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.