Dashdaq with KEM Tunes Issue..Need help ASAP

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
I bought a used Dashdaq XL loaded with KEM tunes. I tried to install the tuning and it just says State Error (1) wondered if anyone had seen this. It shows there is VIN Licenses available if I am reading it right. The truck was turned back to stock after my old tuning (H&S) was removed. I tried calling KEM but imagine they are closed right now. If anyone can help it would be GREATLY appreciated.

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Is there anyway to un-vin lock them. I was told by the buyer that he returned his truck back to stock and it shows a VIN license in the menu but I didn't know if it was user error on my part. I have my strategy info and it can read stuff off my truck fine just won't tune it.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Did you buy the unlock fee for the dashdaq from Spartan? I think its $100 and im sure you will have to update while in the process so you will loose the KEM tune availability anyways

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
well youre kind of screwed.. cause the seller either jipped you and knew-or he didnt know.

best bet would be to just update it from spartan and run their files.

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
So there's no way for the original tune writer to unlock their tunes? I mean if need be I will return it to him and get my money back but I was hoping I could just get the tunes unlocked.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Because KEM files are custom files, they are VIN locked to the truck they were written for. You won't be able to run the KEM files. The only option you have is to update the tuner.

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Gotcha...guess I will just file a claim through Paypal. I would run your guy's tunes but the reason I bought it is because I didn't have the money to run your tunes lol...guess I screwed myself there...

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Spartans newer version tunes run really good. cant beat $100 bucks. The only way I would return it is if I payed over 800 or 900 for it

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Yeah...my thing was I was worried about having to pay the 100 plus another 600 or 700 for spartans tunes which is what I expected. If it's only 100 I will for sure be doing it tomorrow just irritated over the whole ordeal ya know?

bellyboat

Reaction score
Can I buy tunes from KEM and put them on my Spartan? I thought only Spartan built tunes for the DashDaq.

Pmac21

Reaction score
I think it depends on the version of software you are running on your dashdaq. I don't think he can write tunes for the newer versions.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I dont think mike is even messing with the dd anymore. He doesnt want to screw customers out of tunes if they update the dd

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
It makes sense I just didn't realize it was some mysterious magical tuning device that no company knew how to work but Spartan. I just find it odd coming from the EFILive world where with a VIN we can build a stock tune or a modified one. Just a little pissed off that this all turned out like it did. So basically I was lied to if he said they tried it on his buddies truck and it worked and loaded a tune then...whatever I guess. Going to be calling Spartan today and seeing what the deal is

Latest posts

Members online