DD or insight

DieselP814

Reaction score
Hey guys just curious on your guys thoughts and what you like better, getting my tax return back and I'm looking at a different monitor instead of the good ol livewire brick. My one buddy has a insight is his duramax and really seems to like it, and seems to monitor a decent amount of parameters and its a little cheaper, But on the other hand DD are sweet and you cant go wrong with them, any feed back would be greatly appreciated

simonton6.4

Reaction score
i like the dd but have never used the insight i have a buddy that loves his insight and i like that you can get the smart cables just makes it easy and clean. another one to look at is the livewire ts it looks good but dont know anyone that has one yet to get feedback from

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Well, for whatever reason, my Egde Insight CTS no longer recognizes my truck... And I pulled the DD out of the 450 to use it on the 250. I believe the DD is a better piece of equipment anyhow, but I had it all wired with to use the CTS.. Had an extra boost sensor fo rthe atmo turbo, pyro gage, etc...

DieselP814

Reaction score
Well, for whatever reason, my Egde Insight CTS no longer recognizes my truck... And I pulled the DD out of the 450 to use it on the 250. I believe the DD is a better piece of equipment anyhow, but I had it all wired with to use the CTS.. Had an extra boost sensor fo rthe atmo turbo, pyro gage, etc...

Yeah that's weird never heard that before, can you monitor the same pids with the insight as the dd? I guess really I wanna know is what Can a DD do that the cts can't? And the fact that its just better quality

WoodBoy

Reaction score
The list of PIDs for the insight on a 6.4 is very very short compared to the DD. The insight however has a pretty good list for the 6.0 and 6.7. Wierd

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Yeah that's weird never heard that before, can you monitor the same pids with the insight as the dd? I guess really I wanna know is what Can a DD do that the cts can't? And the fact that its just better quality

The list of PIDs for the insight on a 6.4 is very very short compared to the DD. The insight however has a pretty good list for the 6.0 and 6.7. Wierd

Also, the DD can monitor 843 things at the same time.... I may have exagerated a bit...

3brorce

Reaction score
Used both. Insight has better screen quality and better layout. But I like my DD also. If I had to choose only between insight and DD I might choose insight. A little cheaper also. My DD is my spartan so has tunes also.

3brorce

Reaction score
My insight screen is a lot better than my DD screen. Construction seems about the same. Maybe my DD is just old but I doubt it lol. I do agree on the monitoring more.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
depending on your screen designs, the dd can seem worse than the insight. but I made a few skins, and got some from some members and really like them. matches the factory gauges perfect, you can do ANY layout, and the PIDs list is WAY bigger on the dd.

edge monitor is nice, just doesn't have the capabilities of the dashdaq for the 6.4s.

now for a 6.0 I'd go edge, because the EAS system is very simple for adding parameters for the 6.0

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I just dont understand why the PID list is so short on the insight for the 6.4. I mean even my livewire monitors more than it although you got to have a calculator handy for most readings to convert to standard

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I asked edge, as one of their vendors, if they could work on it or we were gonna start selling dashdaqs because the insight is inadequate. I got a simple "no". heck when I had a CTS it wouldn't monitor ebp even. (think it can now?)

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
I have the cts insight. Just wish I could monitor bp.i I like that I can add a turbo timer and a back up camera. Just haven't done it yet.

DieselP814

Reaction score
Alrighty guys well thanks for all the input. Yeah I wasn't sure if the insight could do everything the dd can. It doesn't make any sense to me why it doesn't but anyways I'll prolly just go with the DD, any of you guys recommend a place to purchase one as well as. Nice mount? I seen someone on here was making custom mounts that look bada$$

Latest posts

Members online