Death wobble... where to start

Layson

Reaction score
I'm curious when I'll need ball joints. LOL

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Your warning will be when the track rod joint and the steering box goes..... then that is when you need to think about ball joints....LOL

Jomax

Reaction score
Your warning will be when the track rod joint and the steering box goes..... then that is when you need to think about ball joints....LOL

Steering box? Lol this ain't the dodge forum.

Jomax

Reaction score
No lie! I saw those pictures of you flyin' around out there LOL

I'm taking it easy till I truss the front axle. ;)

Man reason I bought this kit is for hunting purposes. AZ has more dirt roads than paved roads. And they all have dips, potholes etc. Wanted something where I had zero worry if I'd hit these going 45mph. It excels

Layson

Reaction score
Steering box? Lol this ain't the dodge forum.

LOL... You are laughing.....LOL

The track rod and steering box/drag link fight each other and it usually depends on who wins on what your going to replace first...LOL

Man reason I bought this kit is for hunting purposes. AZ has more dirt roads than paved roads. And they all have dips, potholes etc. Wanted something where I had zero worry if I'd hit these going 45mph. It excels

Just remember that you can hit the wrong bump at 45 mph and your truck will fold in half.... Wouldn't matter what kit was on it...LOL

That is also when ****/cast pieces break off your axle or drop brackets rip off your frame....LOL... Doesn't matter if it has a truss on it....LOL

Jomax

Reaction score
LOL... You are laughing.....LOL

The track rod and steering box/drag link fight each other and it usually depends on who wins on what your going to replace first...LOL

Just remember that you can hit the wrong bump at 45 mph and your truck will fold in half.... Wouldn't matter what kit was on it...LOL

That is also when ****/cast pieces break off your axle or drop brackets rip off your frame....LOL... Doesn't matter if it has a truss on it....LOL

You seem to have seen it lol got pics of carnage? I love carnage!

Jomax

Reaction score
Well, you'll be the first to know what goes first. So far Sage has 120k on his 2011. Original steering box and drag link. Has gone through a couple sets of ball joints. He abuses his truck more than me lol

CWAY6.7

Reaction score

Dont blame ya one bit bud! One day I am gonna swap to coilovers too. We have a ranch in the hill country and one 30 min from here, that I snipe me some coyotes at. I regret the day I decided to get a 3.5 instead of just coilovers and added protection lol

Layson

Reaction score
Well, you'll be the first to know what goes first. So far Sage has 120k on his 2011. Original steering box and drag link. Has gone through a couple sets of ball joints. He abuses his truck more than me lol

I think he has gone through lots of track rod joints.

My point is if the geometry is slightly off with anything and you do that with your truck. It will either be a steering box or a track rod that go.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/26/2ba830658e8464b07b452ffd72dcd960.jpg

Mind this is an old PDF. They are the same 05-2016 and have been tested in a 2015

Got my truck back from warranty. Thought the drag link tie rods were getting worn out but the dealer ended up throwing another factory Track Bar Rod Joint or whatever you want to call this piece in. Definitely upgrading to this when the factory one takes a crap in another 32000 miles lol.

MileHigh6.7

Reaction score
Well guys still haven't got around to fixing the wobble yet. Probably take it in sometime this week. Gonna order a leveling kit and some new shocks to replace the Ranchos.

MileHigh6.7

Reaction score
Went ahead an ordered a 2.5 level from ready lift. Now in search for shocks. Thinking about going with some Fox shocks as this will only be a temporary set up until I figure out this death wobble situation out. Any vendors have the fox shocks in stock? Looking for best price on the front pair

Layson

Reaction score
Don't put that on till you figure it out?

Does that come with an adjustable track rod?

MileHigh6.7

Reaction score
Don't put that on till you figure it out?

Does that come with an adjustable track rod?

Getting the truck checked out tomorrow back at the dealer. Gonna tare the whole front end down and see what all needs replaced. And no it does not. Suggest I get an adjustable one?

MileHigh6.7

Reaction score
Gonna wait and see what we find out tomorrow. I'll consider getting an adjustable track bar if I have too. We did put a new OEM one. Was tightned and all and it still wobbled.

Layson

Reaction score
The OEM one is the way to go actually. Most of the aftermarket adjustable track bars are junk....it just takes time for everyone to eventually realize it...LOL

I just wouldn't throw any other variables into the mix until you get it sorted out.

Typically the tiniest bit of play on a track rod joint, I am talking you can't grab it or even feel it can make it wobble.

Layson

Reaction score
If they have gone through the ball joints, wheel bearings, shocks, radius arm bushings, track rod, tires/pressure, and the rest of the front end... it just might be the actual joint.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.