Decided on DP-Tuner

SeeYa

Reaction score
F8? Is this the latest and greatest?

The F8 was designed because many people asked to use our hardware, but use other tuners tunes. Now if others tuners don't want to do this it's their choice. The biggest misconception being put out there it's not secure. It is secure, their tunes can't be read off and changed or used. It really boils down to if they will email them to you. Some will, some won't. You'll need to call around.

Diane

SeeYa

Reaction score
Gotcha Somewhat like PHPs FU chip

NO sir, completely different hardware. It is made to be reburned with the Destiny USB burner while the Chip is still installed in the PCM. You can also use an USB cable from the destiny hooked up to a laptop to control the switching between tunes via the laptop. This will then allow you to have up to 16 programs. A nice incentive to drag racers and pullers who are trying to see what tune works best at the track . ;)

Diane

Last edited:

KPSquared

Reaction score
I'm super happy with my F6 so far. I really like having the stock option for icy roads... it's seriously hard to keep it hooked up in the winter even in the 80 Economy.

Just demoed the 140 and am going to play with the 120 this week. Trying to make up my mind for a play tune.

I tried to make a full throttle run with the 140 to see if the HPOP could keep up, but the EGT's spiked before I got over 130km/hour. On the way up there I settled at around 2600psi and 56% duty cycle on the IPR. I thought it would be worse than that.

I plan to hit the 120 like that a few times as well. Sucks that it got so hot so fast.

Ouch

Reaction score
I have a DPTuner and am happy. I wouldnt get the drive through. I use 80e unless Im towing then Ill usaully hit 40T...

DcMoore

Reaction score
NO sir, completely different hardware. It is made to be reburned with the Destiny USB burner while the Chip is still installed in the PCM. You can also use an USB cable from the destiny hooked up to a laptop to control the switching between tunes via the laptop. This will then allow you to have up to 16 programs. A nice incentive to drag racers and pullers who are trying to see what tune works best at the track . ;)

Diane

Thanks!

apollyon9515

Reaction score
I think its up to you, but i have to agree with some of the folks here. I have 6 tunes and run 3 of them, hot and tow for myself and when the fiance drives the truck she has to turn it to 1 for stock tunes haha. It is nice to have several tunes if YOU want them, id say get them and you wont regret it.

Plus jody, diane, and james are all very nice to deal with

chappy

Reaction score
Damn ,10 tunes. I really don't see what the heck you will do with that many but you never know. I only used 2 tunes in the summer and 3 in the winter when I was driving my 99. I always drove in stock till warmed up then straight to 140 tune. Winter time I only used the high idle for warm up. I used the 140 for everything including towing and Got the best economy for me and was easy to drive with and the most fun as well when I wanted it to be. If you got money I guess go for 10.

chappy

Reaction score

Diane

You named your burner after my daughter. :thumbup:

Suns_PSD

Reaction score
Guys, I have an F5 I'm not longer using w/ the blue digital swith w/ the up down buttons.

Anyone want it? PM me if so.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online