Defueling levels

Horns07

Reaction score
I finally set my cold side defueling temperature this morning. I set it to 160. It Immediately started defueling. What could be causing that?the trick had only been running for about 10 min.

sootie

Reaction score
the engine is not up to heat yet. Thats what you want so you dont beat the piss out of a cold motor.

sootie

Reaction score
not sure what you mean by cold "side" but the cold coolant defuel does that yes.

Horns07

Reaction score
OK from what i understood and I might be way off. There isa cold side and a hot side to the coolant. I'm still trying to learn about all this sorry.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
It will defuel until it reaches the temp you set for cold and then it will defuel if your temp ever gets above what you have set for hot.

hotrodder_101

Reaction score
OK from what i understood and I might be way off. There isa cold side and a hot side to the coolant. I'm still trying to learn about all this sorry.

Generally on a turbo charged vehicle hot side and cold side refer to the turbo system. The hot side is the exhaust. The pre-turbine hot side is the exhaust from the heads to the turbo. Post-turbine hot side is the exhaust after the turbo to the tip. The coldside refers to the intake piping. Pre-turbine cold side is from the sir filter to the turbo. Post-turbine cold side is from the turbo through the intercooler into the engine. Also, the post-turbine cold side is sometimes referred to as the charge side.

Horns07

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm trying to catch on to all this. There is just so many questions and stuff to learn.

Latest posts

Members online