Delete 5" FloPro or AFE?

NotQuik

Reaction score
Going to delete shortly and decided on 5" downpipe back. For those of you that have heard both in person, any preference? One louder than the other? I've listened to you tube videos and they sound very similar in tone. Would like to hear first hand thoughts...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I prefer the AFE, my flo pro fit pretty bad. let me know if I can help you with a price on either.

Trevor008

Reaction score
I can't speak of the FloPro other than never hearing anything bad about it. I do have the AFE though and it is a good quality product. The only complaint I have is that the packaging was not top notch so one of the dp bolts/nuts was missing and two of the pipes had dents in the ends. Nothing I couldn't overcome but annoying nonetheless.

NotQuik

Reaction score
Has anybody heard both? Is one louder than the other or sound better than the other?

I was also curious about the bung holes...what's the deal with some kits having them and others not?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Has anybody heard both? Is one louder than the other or sound better than the other?

I was also curious about the bung holes...what's the deal with some kits having them and others not?

no difference in sound in either.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score

Some tuning requires sensors, therefore the exhaust needs the bungs. Other tuning does not.

Randy_270

Reaction score
My question is would there be any sound benefit to swapping out my delete pipe to a 5" exhaust or would it sound the same if I just swapped out the stock tail pipe section with a 5" tail pipe and left my delete pipe in place?

PSDJohn

Reaction score
My question is would there be any sound benefit to swapping out my delete pipe to a 5" exhaust or would it sound the same if I just swapped out the stock tail pipe section with a 5" tail pipe and left my delete pipe in place?

I added a DPF back to my delete pipe and it was night and day difference in sound.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Very happy with the fit and finish on my aFe. Only downside was that aFe doesn't make a 5-6" tip so I had to use the MBRP which is embossed MBRP.

I told the aFe guy this and he said something to the effect of "well that sux, we'll have to make one." That was quite some time ago so they probably have one by now.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Very happy with the fit and finish on my aFe. Only downside was that aFe doesn't make a 5-6" tip so I had to use the MBRP which is embossed MBRP.

I told the aFe guy this and he said something to the effect of "well that sux, we'll have to make one." That was quite some time ago so they probably have one by now.

I have one and I know I didn't get my exhaust to long after you

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.