Deltas question.

6fodays

Reaction score
Okay, ive been around the ford game forever, i currently have a 6.0, ect stays around 170-180, oil stays around 210, unless its idling. At idle they stay at 190 and 195. Could a thermostat mess with my eot numbers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ill agree with Downey here. A thermostat issue would typically show in coolant and oil temps together. A water pump would have high oil temp, and either really hi or low coolant temp, with no cabin heat due to no flow. Id think oil cooler as your coolant temp is right.

6fodays

Reaction score
I agree the oil temp is high. But coolant should be 190+ easy. Every oil cooler ive had fail has never affected the coolant temp.

junglejoe

Reaction score
I had the EXACT same problem.. replaced the thermostat and temps went right to a minimum of 190

I miss read that.. Thought your ect was only at 180

Last edited:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I'd remove tstat and inspect the front cover to make sure the indentation from the tstat isn't too deep

6fodays

Reaction score
Im gonna replace the thermostat this weekend and find out.

dboat

Reaction score
Agree w Downey here as well. My oil and water temps are within 10 degrees of each other, except when my oil cooler failed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

junglejoe

Reaction score
Yeah when mine finally failed the eot started getting 20-35* difference. Then at the same time Egr cooler failed. I put on the remote Mount oil cooler for when it clogs again.. Which it did. I put on a cheap oil cooler because I couldn't get the cooling system flushed good enough I thought and sure enough.. It clogged up. Now that I'm on my 3rd EOM oil cooler and good to go so far. With the remote mount oil cooler from Bulletproof diesel it took 20 minutes to change the oil cooler versus me all weekend in the driveway!

6fodays

Reaction score
I am 100% aware that the coolant and oil temps should be withing a certain degree of each other, my oil sits at 202-205 sometimes hitting 210 but my ect sits at 170-175, the question i was asking was could the low temperature of my coolant result in higher oil temps, my coolant temp is way too low as it sits, thats a problem in itself.

junglejoe

Reaction score
When my thermostat was stuck open apparently. The oil temps were almost like yours. Then I changed the thermostat it put the coolant at 190 minimum and oil temps didn't really change from what they was.

6fodays

Reaction score
When my thermostat was stuck open apparently. The oil temps were almost like yours. Then I changed the thermostat it put the coolant at 190 minimum and oil temps didn't really change from what they was.

I dont believe the oil temps will change, but if im crusing at 200 eot and 190 ect, my oil cooler will atleast last me through the winter.

6fodays

Reaction score
Swapped the thermostat, ect sits at 190-195 and my oil hasnt went over 200

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Sweet. Meant to get back to this thread sooner, but got busy.

The bad tstat would likely not be able to properly seal the coolant bypass, which prevents full flow to oil cooler, in turn, oil getting hotter

Latest posts

Members online