Detuning injectors

Carolina444

Reaction score
I had the intentions of upgrading injectors and turbo together but unfortunately i can only swing the right injectors now.. I want pis 230/100 detuned and keep the stock turbo for 3-5mo. I Drive this truck daily.. Is this possible? I would wait til I could replace it all together but I need injectors now

Thanks

Jomax

Reaction score
I have 250/100s with a E99 turbo (the baby one) and it's a blast to drive. Smoke is low and just fun all around. Just have to watch EGTS towing. Have had this setup for about 11k miles.

I'm running DP tuning.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

JD3020

Reaction score
As long as you have a good tuner you'll be fine. I ran 20k miles with 175/100%'s on a bone stock OBS. I've now had 250/200%'s for 15k miles. Stock turbo, stock 15* HPOP, non-intercooled, tuning it myself. I've towed close to 20k with it fine. And on an average work day i'm grossing just shy of 20k, towing on the highway, in the city, etc... EGT's can get somewhat high but they are very manageable. And it has good power, while smoking less than a tuned OBS.

Carolina444

Reaction score
This is nice to hear cause I didn't want to get smaller injectors just to upgrade again. I will get some tunes from couple guys or get dyno proven to live tune it.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I like this. Buy what you want for now and build it as your go. I already have studs, valves, valves springs, and a T500. So really all I can think I need is a 6 position, injectors and a turbo.

Jomax

Reaction score
I like this. Buy what you want for now and build it as your go. I already have studs, valves, valves springs, and a T500. So really all I can think I need is a 6 position, injectors and a turbo.

Fuel system, then the trans blows, so new trans, and of course gauges.

Carolina444

Reaction score
Fuel system, then the trans blows, so new trans, and of course gauges.

I will be doing the fuel a long with the injectors...Wish I could do a bts now but that's not gonna happen now unless it just dies

JD3020

Reaction score

Thats what i did. I was originally running 175/100%'s, but knew i wanted to go bigger at some point. I did an engine swap for various reasons so the new engine got a Melling LPOP, shimmed 910 springs, and a few other various mods. Couple months later i came across a chance to jump up to 250/200%'s for $300, so i jumped on it. 2 years later and i still haven't gone T4. :morons:

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Thats what i did. I was originally running 175/100%'s, but knew i wanted to go bigger at some point. I did an engine swap for various reasons so the new engine got a Melling LPOP, shimmed 910 springs, and a few other various mods. Couple months later i came across a chance to jump up to 250/200%'s for $300, so i jumped on it. 2 years later and i still haven't gone T4. :morons:
What's your turbo situation?

Latest posts

Members online