Dieselsite WW2 & Wastegate Controller

NoSlow6.0

Reaction score
I just bought a WW2 from Bob at Dieselsite for my 99.5 daily driver and was wondering if the Wastegate Controller would work well in conjunction with the wheel or would I see enough difference to justify it considering how well the new wheel is supposed to work. I also saw where it had recomended in the write up to set the psi at around 25lbs of boost but noticed alot of people with the wheel were hitting in at around 35-40lbs of boost. All comments and sugestions welcomed. Thanks.

NoSlow6.0

Reaction score
35-40 with stock injectors?

Let me correct myself. I haven't even put the wheel in yet I was just reading some of the testaments of people that had the wheel on that Bob had posted on his site. I don't recall any of them listing their mods so I was just assuming these trucks were running stock injectors but I understand what your saying.

jbwaldrop88

Reaction score
Ive seen were Bill at PHP threw 40 lbs with stage 1s, I dont see how 40 lbs with stock injectors is realistically possible, even with a WW2. I have a friend that has the manual wastegate controller and it works great, but thats with a WW gen1, though Id would imagine the WW2 would work great with it.

Crandallion

Reaction score
TurboMaster Info

NoSlow,

The TurboMaster wastegate controller will work very well with the WW2. The thing to remember about this wastegate in comparison to others is that while the vast majority of wastegates are all canister style controllers – which starts to bleed off pressure at around half of the maximum set point – the TurboMaster is mechanical, meaning that your drive pressure must overcome the spring tension set on our wastegate before any pressure is bled off. If you set it at 25 PSI, it won’t bleed until 25, that sort of thing. That equates to better midrange performance as it allows the turbo to spool faster. It is not a horsepower modification, but rather helps with response and power because all of your drive pressure is held until you want it to let go. You won’t necessarily see any more boost with the TurboMaster (unless your controller has failed or the adjustment is set too loosely. I would still recommend the TurboMaster to anyone with a 7.3L. Thanks for the interest. Also, let us know what you think of the WW2 – we can always use customer feedback.

John @ DieselSite

rfrostick

Reaction score
yea id say 40 is a bit much, i have stock injectors,ww2 and other little things like 3/8 fuel lines,high flow outlet,intake,exhaust,and ts 6 position and i hit 30 -32 but i would have to call bull$h*t on hitting 40 with stock injectors

fordman2121

Reaction score
My Ex hits 34 on stock injectors with a ts chip intake and exhaust. The turbo has a ww1 a bighead and banks housing. It has done this since I bought the ex. I just put in 80% nozzles in and see the same boost. I do have plans to put in a ww2 and see what it does.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
when i was running stock inj, i hit 34psi all the time... would creep up to 36-37psi. stock turbo, 6637intake, and 5" exhaust.

live life full throttle

NoSlow6.0

Reaction score
Ill keep everyone posted with the install and results going to be doing a few mods at once don't want to take the time to do them seprate like I would like but it will be interesting especially trying to get the turbo band off that's been on there for 300K miles. Lol. Good thing I got a gallon of Kroil.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.