Different front covers?

Bigred91

Reaction score
I have never worked on a 6.0 in an e series. But I think I've seen somewhere before that they have different front covers, I am putting one on a truck at the moment and found one on Craigslist and didn't think to ask what it came off of because it looks almost identical. But I'm noticing now that I have it on the truck that the neck the lower radiator hose comes off of is a little different. It bolted up perfect and everything else is fitting fine. Will the covers interchange and work fine or not?
Thanks for any help!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I have never worked on a 6.0 in an e series. But I think I've seen somewhere before that they have different front covers, I am putting one on a truck at the moment and found one on Craigslist and didn't think to ask what it came off of because it looks almost identical. But I'm noticing now that I have it on the truck that the neck the lower radiator hose comes off of is a little different. It bolted up perfect and everything else is fitting fine. Will the covers interchange and work fine or not?
Thanks for any help!

the cover should work fine, the hose may have to be changed, we ran into that issue when we swapped an e-series motor into our excursion project.

Bigred91

Reaction score
Well the covers on and the truck seems to run just fine now, but the lower radiator hose won't work, and the hose from a van is way to short to work. Anyone have any ideas?

lenzhotrod

Reaction score
From what I remember there are 3 different covers for the ford 6.0. Waterpump rotor size and bottom hose angle were the changes.

Bigred91

Reaction score
Yeah I know the 03 engines have a different water pump, and the vans I have heard are different, the truck is an 07 and the water pump fit in perfect so I'm assuming it's the cover from a van. The old one just had a straight water neck for the lower hose and the new one has a bend and is about 3 inches longer.

I'm probably just going to try and cut the hose shorter and make it work

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.