Dinger issue

Sterling B.

Reaction score
Although this isn't engine-related, 7.3 tech seemed most appropriate.

So the dinger inside the cab recently acquired a mind of its own. It's the same tone as the "door ajar" when the key is in the ignition; however, the door ajar light is not illuminated in the dash and is functional. (shines when door(s) are actually open). I've tried cleaning the door latches and sensors without success. It will go off as seen in the video upon start-up and for the first few minutes of driving, then go away and rear its ugly head later down the road.

Any ideas as to what the cause might be? If not, is there a way to cut power to the dinger itself? I wasn't able to find a fuse description that made sense for it.:shrug:

And a video for your viewing pleasure...
th_Dinger_zpseqgacaxo.mp4
[/URL][/IMG]

co04cobra

Reaction score
IIRC, that means the airbag light itself is out in your dash. You probably have a airbag component failure to, but those series of tones means the light in the dash has failed.

Sterling B.

Reaction score
I replaced the bulb yesterday and it certainly cured the problem. I never would have thought that the bulb would cause the dinger to go off. And yes, it does have an airbag issue... some kind of low voltage code ever since I bought the truck.

Thank you both for the help!

Latest posts

Members online