Dish help 6.0

ghohouston

Reaction score
Yes that definitely can cause a no start, and if it were me, I'd go ahead and replace all 8 sets of o rings. Lube em up very generously with engine oil before installation on the injectors. I re lube them before I install the injectors as well for extra insurance.

Harleyx

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Anyone else think it could casue a no start and build only 45 psi, how replaced up also

BS Hauler

Reaction score
With one O-ring cut and a tired HPOP it could maybe have pressure that low. Especially if he is using a 0w-40 or a thin oil like that.

Harleyx

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Replaced hpop with new one and it wouldn't fire or build enough psi . Tore down to injectors to find the upper o ring retaining c clip and metal ring around the nipple of the oil rail. Just 1 o ring. All other o rings were fine on dummy plugs, stand pipes etc. So that has to be the problem right?

2015sixohno

Reaction score
One injector O ring will 100% cause a no start condition. If all injectors are out replace all o rings and reassemble. Stand tubes and dummy plugs are technically one time install ONLY. Can you get away with installing them once or twice sure but this is from ford/international. Failed IPR will cause a no hot start condition Also. Install with new o rings and re assemble then test. Check high pressure oil readings when cranking when hot if no start and find the leak from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLT2005

Reaction score
Mine was one injector leaking, fixed that and then it caused another leak, so I just replaced all my o rings after that.

Dieselwrench

Reaction score
It's been my experience in a fuel system that feeds all injectors off of the same fuel supply you would lose fuel pressure when blowing o-rings on a single injector. I'm not a Ford mechanic but I do work on diesel engines for a living. You could gauge either supply or return and see pressure fluctuations with a manual gauge. It could possibly seal good enough cold to start but as the engine got hotter the gaps would open up and you would lose pressure. Just my thoughts, for what they're worth.

Latest posts

Members online