DIY deluxe sun visors

corsoauto

Reaction score
Working on making my own deluxe sun visors. Tired of looking for them and for what everyone wants for them its not worth it.

So As we all know the explorer sun visors are similar. they are just to short.

So I am working on lengthening them. So far I have one piece of the double visor done. Using parts from both visors and worked out good.

The main visor...is a little more tricky. The expo visors are two plastic halves sonic welded together. I have split them apart using good old hack saw blade.
Im working out how to lengthen that part right now. Pics will come soon. I want to get it further along before I post pics. Then I will do a little how to. So far it really has not taken very long. Pics to come.

Just wanted to give a heads up on this. I know others will be interested.

corsoauto

Reaction score
Just wanted to update this a bit. Its on hold till I can get another set of expo visors. Decided the best route is to use a third visor and use it for the extension of the main visor.

This is going to be the easiest way to extend the visor. The only thing I am not real happy is there is no way to center the vanity mirror due to the way the plastic visor is molded. But no biggie. I decided it will work ok. and I will just run the band that the stock visors have next to it at the extension spot.

corsoauto

Reaction score
Just wanted to update this a bit. Its on hold till I can get another set of expo visors. Decided the best route is to use a third visor and use it for the extension of the main visor.

This is going to be the easiest way to extend the visor. The only thing I am not real happy is there is no way to center the vanity mirror due to the way the plastic visor is molded. But no biggie. I decided it will work ok. and I will just run the band that the stock visors have next to it at the extension spot.

Reaction score
I'm guessing that it might be the "double" visor like what my 94 had. You could flip one to the side and still have the second, fixed, one down in front. They also had the lighted vanity mirrors too! I wish my 97 had them. Cheers!

97Beast

Reaction score
I have a set of tan deluxe visors I'm not doing anything with. They are in need of being reupholstered. I wouldn't want too much for them. But your idea sounds neat. Post up some pics of what you have going on.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.