Diy mesh grill is it possible

Hendo

Reaction score
Shouldn't be too hard, the only difficult part would be bending the edges back like the factory made ones are. But a hammer and a small peice of pipe would remedy that, with a little patience.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
made my own with vinyl mesh after a bird took out my IC...it sits behind the grill

Copy cat... LOL

2744557970100112691S600x600Q85.jpg

AKHILF

Reaction score
A couple cases of beer and a few nights. I had an old grille laying around and started thinking I could make my own rbp style grille for a lot less. I used my dia grinder and made sure I could keep a steady hand and started cutting out the whole center then sanded it back with some attachments also for the dia grinder. If your wanting a chrome shell its a lot harder. Three of the ones I have done are chrome. You cant get the plastic to hot or the chrome will peel. Just take your time and make sure you dont go to far when cutting. Then for the mesh I work at a steel company so I got some expanded metal and cut it to fit behind the grille. The first ones I cut out the whole inner part of the grille and vertical pieces. Its the picture when my truck was all white. The mesh on it was one piece. The recent 05 grilles iv been leaving the vertical bars and making the mesh 3 pieces. I think it looks better with the 05 but the 03's look better all cut out. The part I dont like about making them is drilling all the damn holes. I tape the grille all off and spend a night planing the holes and getting them spaced right the drill them. If you have anymore questions ask away.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.