Donaldson Blue 6637 air filter, better flow and filtration

79jasper

Reaction score
Actually tried that already. Lol
I looked at the specs of every blue series filter in the catalog.
I think this was a custom build, that's why no part number.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Strokersace

Reaction score
Why does he have to provide a part number? So others can go buy the filters from Amazon?

No I just like to see actual spec/flow sheets from the supposed manufacturer. The one on the website is clearly not...
Actually tried that already. Lol
I looked at the specs of every blue series filter in the catalog.
I think this was a custom build, that's why no part number.

Could be. Guess we'll never know!

Actually I'd like a part number so I can ask my local truck shop that is a Donaldson dealer what they run and if they can get them. Even if I had to pay more, getting them immediately is sometimes worth it over the shipping time.

79jasper

Reaction score
Exactly.
And being it's a group buy, what if they aren't available through a vendor again?

Well here's the reply I got. "Jasper: Good morning. In the Aftermarket, we only offer the B085011 in a cellulose media. There is not a Donaldson Blue alternative for this part in the Aftermarket.

That being said, we have a lot of original equipment relationships that are proprietary and I do not know if we have one with Riff Raff for this filter. In the Aftermarket, we don't have access to that information.

Please let me know if you have any additional information.

Thanks, Tracy"
If it is a proprietary design by RiffRaff, someone could just say so, and I would look no further. Lol
Yeah, they have some specs posted. But it's nice to have the whole thing.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Exactly.
And being it's a group buy, what if they aren't available through a vendor again?

Well here's the reply I got. "Jasper: Good morning. In the Aftermarket, we only offer the B085011 in a cellulose media. There is not a Donaldson Blue alternative for this part in the Aftermarket.

That being said, we have a lot of original equipment relationships that are proprietary and I do not know if we have one with Riff Raff for this filter. In the Aftermarket, we don't have access to that information.

Please let me know if you have any additional information.

Thanks, Tracy"
If it is a proprietary design by RiffRaff, someone could just say so, and I would look no further. Lol
Yeah, they have some specs posted. But it's nice to have the whole thing.

Good job on calling them up and inquiring. I have done this recently on a few other applications not automotive related and sometimes they are not very helpful. I may do some digging around (given that I have the cellulose dimensions now) and try to find something in the "Blue" series that might work.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
No, I used to say "Check out my Tymar intake!" LOL

How have you been man? Haven't talked to you in forever. I'm sure a lot had changed in both our lives since we last spoke. My number's still the same. Give me a shout sometime.

I can't call mine a Tymar either since I built it myself... using the exact same parts Dale used from the same company even. I got tired of a certain someone on the forums always saying "no DIY intake will flow or perform as good as a Tymar" so I set out to prove him wrong and did :D

I've been good, just working and beating kids. I honestly don't remember when I last talked to you... I'm remarried now and have a son that will be 3 in December. I just checked and I still have your number, I'll try to give you a jingle one of these days.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I'd be interested to see what this filter really is.

They're calling it a Donaldson... And a 6637. They are NOT the same.
no doubt.. so far, in my experience, synthetic filter media(aka "high flow filter") let dust in.. ill stick with my true donaldson filters in my 7.3 and my 6.7..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

79jasper

Reaction score
Clay said it's made by Donaldson especially for them, so Donaldson doesn't actually list it.
So in my eyes, it is proprietary to riffraff-diesel.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
Clay said it's made by Donaldson especially for them, so Donaldson doesn't actually list it.
So in my eyes, it is proprietary to riffraff-diesel.

I guess that's why he needs a pre-order of 50 to even get them.

rusty1161

Reaction score
IMG_1101_zps3fzevdp2.jpg

IMG_1102_zpsto7vm4f6.jpg

I received my order. Clay has some quality products, I figured it couldn't hurt to try them. I will swap one in later this week.

Rusty

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Also received mine. Need to replace my ****ty dry amsoil one

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
Any idea when clay is gonna stop selling these? Or will it be just when decline in sales when he decides to take it off the shelf

1994.5 CCLB zf5

79jasper

Reaction score
Well here's what he said.
"Yes, they only make it for us as part of our agreement. We also didn’t ask them to do testing because 3rd party is always easier to believe and distribute to customers. The group by was a special deal for a friend that runs an OBS group, but we typically don’t do them as we make so little on these it is hard to lower the pricing.

Clay"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.