Door Locks

mustube

Reaction score
The door locks in my truck will unlock everytime, but will not lock. It's not weak door lock actuators and I ohmed out my switches and I'm getting power through the lock circuit on both the driver and passenger switches. My truck does not have the wiring or relays for keyless entry. When I hit lock absolutely nothing happens. No sounds or clicking or anything. I guess what I need help with is how to chase down shorts. I've always avoided electrical stuff so it's not my strong suit. All I have is a multi meter that can do ohms. I started chasing this down a few months ago, but I jumped what I thought was hot to lock circuit and blew the maxi fuse under the hood and I quit there. I would like to get this working so I can install an alarm at some point. Thanks.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I believe the door lock relays are under the dash, sort of over the trans tunnel. I would try swapping the lock and unlock relay's and seeing what you get. Might just be a bad relay.

mustube

Reaction score
I don't have door lock relays, the stud they are normally bolted to is bare.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Must be the windows I'm thinking of then.

My door locks don't work all the time either, but I think I need actuators.

mustube

Reaction score
No aftermarket alarm unless they hid everything really well. I haven't seen a box for it or any wire splices. Keyless entry was an option and only the trucks with keyless entry have the relays under the dash.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
If you need actuators, a guy on the org has some and I just installed them pretty easy. My factory locks would sometimes unlock but never locked. They were just worn. About 70 bucks later I'm g2g.

You can find universal actuators on amazon as well for about 7 bucks each but w/o knowing the throw or how much force is needed it was worth paying the $$.

good luck

ToMang07

Reaction score
If you need actuators, a guy on the org has some and I just installed them pretty easy. My factory locks would sometimes unlock but never locked. They were just worn. About 70 bucks later I'm g2g.

You can find universal actuators on amazon as well for about 7 bucks each but w/o knowing the throw or how much force is needed it was worth paying the $$.

good luck

How much does he charge for just 1? My passenger rear one is really weak, sometimes won't lock/unlock.

mustube

Reaction score
Mine ended being the drivers switch. I didn't realize at first that the switch reverses positive and negative. When I checked the switch I only checked the positive circuit. I took the switch apart and it was visibly fubar'd so I switched switches with my grandpas truck and it worked so I bought a new one and all is well.

powerlifter405

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online