DP Tuner Infinity Mini

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
Anyone here picked up this tuner for their truck? I looks pretty new but I just got a 01 7.3 and had been reading about the f6 with the little selector switch. Has the mini replaced that? And would you recommend the preloaded version (12 tunes I think) or the custom option, which I believe might only be $50 or so cheaper with only 5-6 "custom" tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
The Infinity Mini did not replace the F6. We just added it as another option to our product line.

We now have the F5, F6, Infinity, and Infinity Mini. The Infinity and Infinity Mini are programmers, whereas the F5 and F6 are chips. They install and function a bit differently.

Chips plug into the PCM direct via the J3 port. Programmers flash the computer through the OBDII port. Chips are switch on the fly, and programmers are not (engine must be off to load a new tune).

Both kinds of tuners have their own benefits, but the actual tuning is the same on all of them.

The PL version of our tuners is a great choice for a guy planning to stay pretty much stock with the exception of small mods (intake, exhaust, ww, etc). If you ever plan to do larger injectors, build up the trans, run water/meth, etc., then it would be better to just pick and choose the tunes you want since you will have to get them built custom later (PL tunes cannot be modified).

If you have any questions, I would be happy to help you out. Give me a call.

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
Well I honestly was looking at water/meth to be the next "big" mod after the tuner, I don't plan to get crazy with it (I always say that, but never abide by it) I'm more or less thinking if something major goes wrong (trans, turbo, injectors) I would like to bulk up the replacement for sure, and detune to compensate for the pieces I haven't replaced yet.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Well I honestly was looking at water/meth to be the next "big" mod after the tuner, I don't plan to get crazy with it (I always say that, but never abide by it) I'm more or less thinking if something major goes wrong (trans, turbo, injectors) I would like to bulk up the replacement for sure, and detune to compensate for the pieces I haven't replaced yet.

I am not a fan of water/meth myself, unless you are going for BIG horsepower, at which point it may be required to keep EGT's in check. On mild horsepower builds, it is really not needed if you match your turbo and injectors correctly.

Most do upgrade parts when they are needing to be replaced. Just make sure you stay at an applicable horsepower level for the usage of your truck. For instance, if you tow 15k lbs. every day, you do not want to go with 250/200 injectors. If you are building the truck just for fun and performance, then going with an injector that size is applicable.

I would gladly make some recommendations for you if you want to shoot me an e-mail or PM.

Latest posts

Members online