Drained Fuel/Water separator, questions...

Brian22

Reaction score
Drained out my fuel water separator today, this is my first time draining it (truck has 5500 miles).

The fluid that came out is yellow and looks like piss. Doesn't smell funny, and there appears to be no water in the fuel. Truck runs fine...

I only fill up at large gas stations where they move alot of diesel. (QT, Bucees for the most part) I did recently fill up at the local walmart. Walmart diesel is in the tank now.

Is this something I should be concerned about? Surely the fuel filters don't need to be replaced already. The truck was bought new in September.

Attachments

• 20170104_141236.jpg
    20170104_141236.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 100

mikeeg02

Reaction score
If you let it sit, and there is any water, it will settle. And you should see yellow diesel on top, and clear water on the bottom. But your sample looks good.

Brian22

Reaction score
Ok good to hear. It caught me off guard to be honest. I've been around freightliners for 10years now and all the diesel fuel I've ever seen has been clear with a slight blueish green tint to it.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I actually seen piss yellow fuel today for first time ever. It was in a tank and had been sitting about 8 months. Also was algae build up...

redneck1

Reaction score
Ok good to hear. It caught me off guard to be honest. I've been around freightliners for 10years now and all the diesel fuel I've ever seen has been clear with a slight blueish green tint to it.

That's the only color fuel I've seen. But I imagine fuel varies across the country. I drain a couple ounces, never have seen more than a couple drops of water.

KCCO

Latest posts

Members online