drop in wicked wheel for big/small turbo

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
if you could only buy one or the other for your 6.4, which would you buy? what are the benefits? hows the install? I have also heard of the batmowheel too. which is better? thanks!

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
I have a batmowheel in mine and no complaints. I've had it for 2 Years now. I don't think they make a wicked wheel for the 6.4 but I could be wrong.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

B585Ford

Reaction score
I would definitely do the atmo turbo if you are only going to be doing 1 wheel.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I have never ran a just a wheel as an upgrade, but time and time again, it has been shown the the atmo turbo is the one that makes the power. The HP turbo mainly just helps with spool up.

sootie

Reaction score
I have never ran a just a wheel as an upgrade, but time and time again, it has been shown the the atmo turbo is the one that makes the power. The HP turbo mainly just helps with spool up.

to a degree...there comes a point where with some of the larger atmo turbos they are choked by the hp

jdgleason

Reaction score
From what I've seen pretty well any drop in wheel is kind of a waste. Any drop in wheel without balancing the turbo isn't a great idea, and kinda asking for trouble.

Additionally, it's been proven that any drop in wheel will NOT make the power that an upgraded atmo will... not even close.

Plus then, you have a brand new, balanced atmosphere with a warranty. No brainer IMO.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
When I did mine all the 71 and 72 turbos were out of stock. I went from 572hp to 611hp with the batmo. same dyno but a year later. I wouldn't do anything with the hp turbo unless you go bigger than a 72 on the atmo.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

B585Ford

Reaction score
to a degree...there comes a point where with some of the larger atmo turbos they are choked by the hp

No doubt that is the case, but I was responding to the OPs question and I doubt the OP will experience that with a drop in wheel.

Latest posts

Members online