DRW front wheel bearings..need help

MEDIC350

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to change my wheel bearings out for some new ones. both front wheels are making a clicking noise at low speed i assume its the hubs causing it. any suggestions on what parts to buy? the hubs range from $150-$450. I'm so confused on whats going to be the best stuff to get. also has anyone done a 05+ draw front hub? does the front spacer bolt up to an 8x170 front hub? maybe its not the wheel bearings making the noise but I'm getting ready to put new joints in the front end and i might as well do them while the trucks apart. i realize i have a lot of questions lol

co04cobra

Reaction score
What would be the difference in a 05 drw bearing? There isn't any that I can think of.

co04cobra

Reaction score
What I should have said is the only difference is the studs are slightly shorter on the drw bearing.

That is the only thing I can think of.

Buck1

Reaction score
Front spacer does bolt up to 8x170 hub. I found Timken bearings on RockAuto in the 200ish range.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Are you sure it's bearings? How many miles on the truck?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

MEDIC350

Reaction score
Are you sure it's bearings? How many miles on the truck?

I'm at 71k now. i assume its the bearings. i hear a clicking noise at low speeds and when turning. i jacked the truck up and spun the wheels, it wasn't a grinding noise but it was a slow click,click,click. I'm not sure what else it could be. the brake pads got put on around 60k. the disks are not uneven or have any wired wear marks. any ideas?

MEDIC350

Reaction score
also i see the timkens are 193 and the moogs are 400. anyone have any experience with either?

Jomax

Reaction score
Check your hubs. They're known to click when dry.

Buck1

Reaction score
I've good luck with Timkens. I changed the first bearing at 230k.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

1st last59

Reaction score
Not sure on the ford hubs as this is my first ford but as far as hub assembly go the general outlook is that timken hubs aren't what timken bearings are known to be. SKF is supposed to be the best hub assembly.

Latest posts

Members online