Dt360 upgrades

ja_cain

Reaction score
Afc live is interesting. Pretty simple concept and I think execution. One could use a boost controller off a car to do the same thing ramp fuel with rpm and have max boost setting for the same money. And not have manual knobs to turn. I'm going to have to play with that idea once mine is running. It would be nice to be able to set it to max 30 psi boost for towing and program a egt fail safe limit to pull fuel if egt breaks a certain point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Egt defuel would be a nice addition for a tow truck. Would love to see the implementation.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score
That's always been the advantage of common rail.

I think his timing was in the mid 20s maybe higher even. I've heard 30 plus is used in the pulling engines.

Exactly or vp44. Damn vp44's are a little flaky though. That's seems pretty high on the timing for a dd. I'm no expert though. Do you know if he has cold start issues with time set like that?

ken6881

Reaction score
I think the gauges I'm running will allow it. I already have a boost control solenoid laying in the tool box for a drag truck were building to ramp boost in by time. I will build a board and write come code should be able to make it fully mappable for egt and boost to control the afc as desired. I know we do it already with coolant temp should be a cake walk to convert it to a egt thermocouple and rescale. And we can add coolant as well so you can keep from dumping a lot of fuel on top of cold Pistons... If you all are serious about this I will pursue it and keep a close log of everything I have done and make it so anyone can repeat it if desired. The software I use is tuneable without having to turn the computer off and back on. Via a tablet with Bluetooth or a USB port and a computer.

ja_cain

Reaction score
I think the gauges I'm running will allow it. I already have a boost control solenoid laying in the tool box for a drag truck were building to ramp boost in by time. I will build a board and write come code should be able to make it fully mappable for egt and boost to control the afc as desired. I know we do it already with coolant temp should be a cake walk to convert it to a egt thermocouple and rescale. And we can add coolant as well so you can keep from dumping a lot of fuel on top of cold Pistons... If you all are serious about this I will pursue it and keep a close log of everything I have done and make it so anyone can repeat it if desired. The software I use is tuneable without having to turn the computer off and back on. Via a tablet with Bluetooth or a USB port and a computer.

That would be awesome! Can't wait to see where you go with all of this.

ken6881

Reaction score
That would be awesome! Can't wait to see where you go with all of this.

I will start laying stuff out for it. Also if you wanted to go this route you can use the tablet as your gauges. RPM,coolant, ..... If you include all of that I think I could supply it at a level that would be more than competitive in the market.

Automated gauges for my truck(speedo,rpm,.....) are 800 at my dealer discount. I think I could do what I stated for 500 including a tablet. Might not be ordering the gauges I was planning on this is sounding better all the time as it is starting to snowball in my head what it would be capable of.

ken6881

Reaction score
Continuing my thought process....
Controller can control two progressive stages of nitrous/ water injection(anything u could think of solenoid driven) aswell as drive two injector channels pwm so you could pwm water/methanol.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Continuing my thought process....
Controller can control two progressive stages of nitrous/ water injection(anything u could think of solenoid driven) aswell as drive two injector channels pwm so you could pwm water/methanol.

Nice! I've got a piece of hardware (or two) at work that can do all of this too. You have the gears turning in my mind also. I like the fact that you can bluetooth communicate with yours. PWM water injection control would be sweet too, btw.

There was a guy trying to adapt a variable timing seimans? pump to a 6bt on another forum. Not sure if you have seen that thread, but you should check it out. I'll post up the link once I find it. I think it was originally a pump from a cat motor, but don't quote me on that.

ja_cain

Reaction score
I have not. I'm going to figure out how to put a pickup sensor in this one for PCS input speed. Might add this to the list.
FYI, once this is done it will be for sale.

What is for sale? The motor or the motor and truck it's going in?

jimdawg185

Reaction score
What is for sale? The motor or the motor and truck it's going in?

Whole package. I want to sell it complete for a lot of reasons. Mostly just to start shedding trucks.

ken6881

Reaction score
Getting ready to order an overhaul kit any particular year I should order that is any better than the others.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Just make sure the serial numbers match. There's a break in the late 88 model that effects Pistons.

ken6881

Reaction score
But if your balanceing it anyway are the later Pistons any better for us?

Reaction score
WHS. My guy with the 92 changed his tune all of the sudden claiming he had told a price 2k more than he had told me first. So the hunt is back on... anyway so if I'm reading this right, balance the rotating assembly, valve spring and push rods then have you way with fuel n air up to 900 hp? That's awesome! How do the torque numbers look on these engines with a 900-1000hp?

ken6881

Reaction score
Found a local shop to edm my injectors looks like 100-150 an injector going to pop them out and bring them by there shop and talk about it with them next week. May have them build me some lines and balance/max the pump.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Found a local shop to edm my injectors looks like 100-150 an injector going to pop them out and bring them by there shop and talk about it with them next week. May have them build me some lines and balance/max the pump.
Are there any other modifications you typically make to mechanical injectors when increasing the output? Popping pressure? Not real fimiliar with this kind of thing.

ken6881

Reaction score
From what I have read/ gathered. Is honing the tip, increasing how far the needle moves and changing the shape of end of the needle. And increasing spring pressure to raise pop off pressure

Reaction score
The injectors we used to check on the e Tec Macks had a bench mounted reservoir and hand pump with an injector line that you threaded the injector onto. There was a large diameter cup that you put under the injector. We'd pump it quick till about 1800 then slowly n steadily pumped it watching the gauge until the injector opened. You would be surprised how loud the sound of the fuel is coming through the nozzle

ja_cain

Reaction score
Ken,

What is the piece of hardware you are going to be using to run the boost controller and other electronic things? I would like to compare it to the specs of the labjack I have used at work. I am definitely interested in getting one of these from you if I can secure one of these motors for a build. Thanks!

Justin

Justin

ja_cain

Reaction score
One other thing, do you guys know if it's ok to run ELC coolant in the DT-360's?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.