dual fuelers question

RSK

Reaction score
how many guys are daily driving their trucks with dual k16s and how many miles per year, also what low pressure lift pump are you running. I have my 7.3 I could use for work if i had to to but i really prefer to drive the 6.4 if possible. I've heard a lot of local rumors that reliability goes down hill quick once dual fuelers and nozzles are added to a 6.4. I'd like to continue driving my 6.4 about 30,000 miles a year. I was thinking of doing an a1000 low pressure fuel system from marty's diesel or something similar.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Lots and I mean lots of guys run duals for daily driving. Shane has probably 40-50,000miles on his. What seems more logical? Running a single at 90-100% or running dials at 45-50% at full power?

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
it was talked about, once upon a time, where using a used pump as the dual fueler was actually a bad thing, because when you reversed the rotation it was detrimental to the pump, thus causing premature failure.

something to consider when deciding on your second pump.

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
Personally, I went with a lower mile original siemens k16.
Seems like remanufactured pumps out there are a crap shoot IMO.
I had heard Alliant Power was was supposed to come out with a better pump, but I don't know when that is.

sootie

Reaction score
the fact you are running dual fuelers doesnt change reliability much...its what you do with the new found power and what big air mods you add that changes it.

madman1234509

Reaction score
I daily drive mine pretty much spring till end of the fall. I put 8-9k miles on the truck last year, driving 1900 mile round trip to TS and 1300 mile round trip to Rudys. I also used a 40k mile used pump as my secondary. No issues so far. Only preventative measure I use is I carry a spare belt in the truck in case something happens, and it's a belt that the local napa doesn't normally stock.

I think for the most part the issues you run into are with the added power, not actually putting the pump on.

RSK

Reaction score
Lots and I mean lots of guys run duals for daily driving. Shane has probably 40-50,000miles on his. What seems more logical? Running a single at 90-100% or running dials at 45-50% at full power?

I agree running duals at 45-50% duty cycle seems like it would be a lot more reliable. The low pressure lift pump is most likely a bigger issue. Also all these "new" k16's leaking doesn't sound too appeaing, so i was going to go with an oem used pump up front and my original k16 in the factory location.

RSK

Reaction score
the fact you are running dual fuelers doesnt change reliability much...its what you do with the new found power and what big air mods you add that changes it.

90% percent of my driving is done at 25% throttle or less. The other 10% is over half throttle and a weekly wide open throttle pull getting onto the highway.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.