Dyno Proven Comes Through in a Pinch

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I had my truck tuned by him too. He's great when your there but to get anything changed after that is next to impossible. BTW Joe, he told me Hydra's are junk and are burning up pcms. He's not a big fan them.

Again... He is full of ****...

The real reason is he is developing his own chip (from what intel I can gather) so rather then have to compete with something better (Hydra) its now getting bashed.

There have been 0 reported cases of Hydra chips "burning" up PCM's... I have over 40k on my Hydra without issue... There have been thousands sold without issue...

DocBar

Reaction score
Again... He is full of ****...

The real reason is he is developing his own chip (from what intel I can gather) so rather then have to compete with something better (Hydra) its now getting bashed.

There have been 0 reported cases of Hydra chips "burning" up PCM's... I have over 40k on my Hydra without issue... There have been thousands sold without issue...
FWIW, Jon didn't bash anyone or anyone else's chips to me. All he did was show me why he thinks his stuff is of higher quality and better design. That's how that should be handled.

I'm not a shill for Dyno Proven, either. I've worked with all kinds of vendors. I'm just not going to bash Jon because he doesn't want to use Hydra. It's his company and his business decision. I'm in the same boat you're in. I want him to tune for Hydra's, also. I'm also sure it's cost Jon some business but from what I saw, I doubt it's hurting him enough to make him feel it. The man is incredibly busy.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
FWIW, Jon didn't bash anyone or anyone else's chips to me. All he did was show me why he thinks his stuff is of higher quality and better design. That's how that should be handled.

I'm not a shill for Dyno Proven, either. I've worked with all kinds of vendors. I'm just not going to bash Jon because he doesn't want to use Hydra. It's his company and his business decision. I'm in the same boat you're in. I want him to tune for Hydra's, also. I'm also sure it's cost Jon some business but from what I saw, I doubt it's hurting him enough to make him feel it. The man is incredibly busy.

Maybe thats how it should be handled, rather then telling customers that the tunes have to run through Bills server or the chip is burning up PCM's...

And I am not trying to Bash him either... But dont make up BS reasons why you dont want to use the best hardware on the market, simply because your developing your own.

DocBar

Reaction score
Maybe thats how it should be handled, rather then telling customers that the tunes have to run through Bills server or the chip is burning up PCM's...

And I am not trying to Bash him either... But dont make up BS reasons why you dont want to use the best hardware on the market, simply because your developing your own.
I'm just giving y'all what I experienced. Jon didn't do that with me. If he has in the past or, people are saying Jon did, I don't know. I asked Jon directly about the Hydra. He doesn't like Bill's ability to see the tunes. Plain and simple. More of the 7.3 tuners keeping stuff secret. I disagree with this approach, but they aren't my tunes. Again, this is a business decision made by Jonathan. Jonathan didn't run down Bill at all to me.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Bill probably couldnt care one bit less if they handed him a copy of a tune.

Bill doesnt need anybodies help. Ive made better power with other tuners but all around Bills tunes have been perfect for me. I would like to try dynoprovens tunes and Gearhead as well.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I'm just giving y'all what I experienced. Jon didn't do that with me. If he has in the past or, people are saying Jon did, I don't know. I asked Jon directly about the Hydra. He doesn't like Bill's ability to see the tunes. Plain and simple. More of the 7.3 tuners keeping stuff secret. I disagree with this approach, but they aren't my tunes. Again, this is a business decision made by Jonathan. Jonathan didn't run down Bill at all to me.

Again... This is completely bull****, and Jon knows it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy6Z1i-Mz_8&list=UUvrIcUe6j5pIr7XoyKS1czA

Watch that video... Notice the type of file... notice the fact that its not a HCF file, its a BIN file which is a standard type file. Nothing goes to Bills server, Bill cant, nor does he want to read anything...

Dont get why he keeps saying this, its is COMPLETE BULL****.

dynoproventuner

Reaction score
Again... This is completely bull****, and Jon knows it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy6Z1i-Mz_8&list=UUvrIcUe6j5pIr7XoyKS1czA

Watch that video... Notice the type of file... notice the fact that its not a HCF file, its a BIN file which is a standard type file. Nothing goes to Bills server, Bill cant, nor does he want to read anything...

Dont get why he keeps saying this, its is COMPLETE BULL****.

Joe I just talked to Bill so now it's time that you and I talk. Give me a call at the shop.

DocBar

Reaction score
Jonathan, I really hope you're on board with Hydra. I love your tunes and want to keep them. I'm leaving black marks all over Augusta, Ga and my truck is fun to drive again. I can't thank you enough for how fair you were with me. Ask Cassie about the rest.

Mr.BigOil

Reaction score
Jonathan, I really hope you're on board with Hydra. I love your tunes and want to keep them. I'm leaving black marks all over Augusta, Ga and my truck is fun to drive again. I can't thank you enough for how fair you were with me. Ask Cassie about the rest.

Might be a dumb question.....but why can't Jonathan put his tunes on an F6?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Might be a dumb question.....but why can't Jonathan put his tunes on an F6?
Come on Joey... Don't be a dumbass, you know he can, but what person in there right mind would own, let alone buy a F6? Why limit yourself?

I'll be calling Jon on Monday, had some mild surgery today and don't want to ask for windows 7.3 tune...

Mr.BigOil

Reaction score
Come on Joey... Don't be a dumbass, you know he can, but what person in there right mind would own, let alone buy a F6? Why limit yourself?

I'll be calling Jon on Monday, had some mild surgery today and don't want to ask for windows 7.3 tune...
Dumbass?LOL
OK, I'll play.....what's wrong with the F6? Obviously, Jody didn't lock it down to his tuning only, since Jonathan can use it, so it's not "limited" anymore.:D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.