dyno, qtr mile times, sled pulling with stage 2s

Bigsexy

Reaction score
So I was going to go with stage 3s but picked up a good set of full force stage 2s for cheap. I was wondering what kind of numbers you all with stage 2s have seen on a dyno or quarter mile times. Also I dout I will get much response but how they done for some of you guys sled pulling. I figure this will give me the chance to build my truck to support bigger injectors down the road.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I'm going to have a similar setup as yours. And just like to know to compare as far as where mines at to others and to learn what works

skew12

Reaction score
I'm going to have a similar setup as yours. And just like to know to compare as far as where mines at to others and to learn what works
yea definitely. Though I think I need a better hpop and a fuel system to really set it free.

From the reading I've done on these boards you MAY be in need of a more efficient hpop. But please don't quote me on that. I'd ask your tuner or the guys at full force.

Off topic: are you running the 1.15 housing? I just went up 6" with 37's and I want to get both my egt's and pyro down.

Curious myself also. I plan to take my truck to the track soon, but not till im ready for the tranny to pop
yea that's part of what's holding me back.

Last edited:

RedSmokey

Reaction score
One of these days (when its not raining) I will not be able to resist and I will let you now what my truck runs. Won't be anything amazing though, tranny is pretty much stock, stock fuel system, stock turbo (might have the van turbo on by then), and just the stage 2's from beans. If I remember correctly, these are bbbxcursion's old injectors.

skew12

Reaction score
One of these days (when its not raining) I will not be able to resist and I will let you now what my truck runs. Won't be anything amazing though, tranny is pretty much stock, stock fuel system, stock turbo (might have the van turbo on by then), and just the stage 2's from beans. If I remember correctly, these are bbbxcursion's old injectors.

Can definitely understand on waiting until the times right. That's my reasoning as well. Plus those damn PMR's. But I'm workin on fixing that right now too.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I have an adrenaline because my driving style and stage 1s did my stock hpop in. I started thrown the engine code and replaced it asap.
I plan on dynoing my truck when I get my injectors in as I did when I put my stage 1s in. I did 354/757 before my hpop and updated tunes.

skew12

Reaction score
Damn that sounds pretty good. It's definitely the next piece of the puzzle for me.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
yea definitely. Though I think I need a better hpop and a fuel system to really set it free.

From the reading I've done on these boards you MAY be in need of a more efficient hpop. But please don't quote me on that. I'd ask your tuner or the guys at full force.

Off topic: are you running the 1.15 housing? I just went up 6" with 37's and I want to get both my egt's and pyro down.

yea that's part of what's holding me back.

I'm still running the stock houing it came with. Being I sled pull a lot in work stock here if I start getting any closer to 1st place there going to make me move to 2.6 class being my turbo should be. As we all know the 38r isn't a turbo you can compete in 2.6 and win. So I may be going with a t4 flange S-series turbo with a 2.3 cover instead of investing a lot of money in my 38r. The 1.15 housing are expensive.
As for keeping your temps done, I'm actually looking at doing water/meth. I hit almost 1600 as soon as I take off at the track. I can't use it sled pulling but it will help towing and racing.

skew12

Reaction score
I didn't know that about sled pulling. I haven't really gone down that road yet. The t4 mount and s series turbo MIGHT be something I venture into one day but not until I put a new block in. I agree about 1.15 flange. $400 for that is a bite in the ass.

I'm still looking into the water/meth. I'm just afraid that I'm far too forgetful to keep up with it.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I want also wanted to try stage 2s just to see what the differances are as you go up in stages. I don't see a whole lot of guys running dynos and performance numbers as the mods are done. Id think it would help me in running my own shop. Then we put the upgraded parts I take off and try them if we can in my brothers obs. The 7.3 might be died to some but its a good reliable motor, it just cst a lot to do sometimes. We hoping thru this whole process to build a truck that competes and can still haul hay around.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I want also wanted to try stage 2s just to see what the differances are as you go up in stages. I don't see a whole lot of guys running dynos and performance numbers as the mods are done. Id think it would help me in running my own shop. Then we put the upgraded parts I take off and try them if we can in my brothers obs. The 7.3 might be died to some but its a good reliable motor, it just cst a lot to do sometimes. We hoping thru this whole process to build a truck that competes and can still haul hay around.

thats what bill has been doing with his 7.3 and 6.0 trucks its good to see others doing it as well i love seeing what the biggest or baddest part you can throw on makes is always nice to see numbers from all different parts especially if its the same truck,same dyno,etc

Powersmokin32

Reaction score

I'm running the same lift and tire size, and went with a tighter exhaust housing. Simply due to the fact of running lower RPMs and needing more bottom end acceleration.

smokedout250

Reaction score
I had a smaller nozzle but I put down 466hp 970TQ this was with t500 and live tunes on my obs with an s366 turbo! No track times lol I had a 5spd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I'm still running the stock houing it came with. Being I sled pull a lot in work stock here if I start getting any closer to 1st place there going to make me move to 2.6 class being my turbo should be. As we all know the 38r isn't a turbo you can compete in 2.6 and win. So I may be going with a t4 flange S-series turbo with a 2.3 cover instead of investing a lot of money in my 38r. The 1.15 housing are expensive.
As for keeping your temps done, I'm actually looking at doing water/meth. I hit almost 1600 as soon as I take off at the track. I can't use it sled pulling but it will help towing and racing.

are you saying your setup hits 1600* rite now hooked to the sled or at the strip with stage ones?

if your worried about sled pulls with a stock turbo you could always use a beans sd66 instead of the 38r. it is still stock appearing.. and you can gate it enough for almost 600hp... granted the stage 2 wont get you there but it would be a great setup for stage twos and wont need to gate it...

my setup runs really well... on beans dyno it did 492.6hp and on a couple others it did a 404(superflow) with badly leaking up pipes and on another dyno it did 408(dynojet 248c) with badly leaking up pipes and a boost leak... i would like to take it to the strip and see what it will run but haven't been near one... sled pulls it works great, never been above 1400* hooked to the sled or on the dyno... on the street its a different story, at 105mph (on the gps) it starts creeping past 1400* and by 115mph (on the gps) its creeping past 1700* or more. i only have a 1600* gauge...

Last edited:

fyrehose

Reaction score
So I was going to go with stage 3s but picked up a good set of full force stage 2s for cheap. I was wondering what kind of numbers you all with stage 2s have seen on a dyno or quarter mile times. Also I dout I will get much response but how they done for some of you guys sled pulling. I figure this will give me the chance to build my truck to support bigger injectors down the road.

I have the same truck configuration as you do (4 inch lift on 35's). The only difference is injectors. What nozzle size are you going to use with your stage 2's? I am detuned to 400hp because of my PMR's. I ran a 9.2 in the 1/8 mile which is about a 14.4 -14.5 in the quarter.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
100% nozzles
If I'm not mistaking the d66 has the same problem my truck has the inducer size is larger then stock. I'm just going to hold of and get a turbo that I can later go big with

00Rich

Reaction score
Mine are hypermax 2s 200cc dynos 520+ with a best time at the track 13.5 here in salt lake city

Latest posts

Members online