E4od rebuild kit???

shorty2tall

Reaction score
Ok so looking for some info picking up a 96 f250 4x4 with the e4od that I believe will need rebuilt. I'm in school for diesel and will be able to rebuild the transmission in class. What is the best kit? I've been told and read in a few places that get the Ford kit.
So I'd that what I should do?
What hard parts should I replace while it's apart?
Also what's the best converter and value body for the money?
Goal with the truck 500hp.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Call John Wood and talk with him... Be very polite and listen... I'm getting into building performance E4OD/4R100s slowly, the research has been done I can tell you that much.. But john will help you build what you are looking to build.

zilla68

Reaction score
racerx offers a package also, he is a sponsor on here and offers a ton of options depending on what you are doing. I think he still offers rebuild kits anyways.

shorty2tall

Reaction score
Call John Wood and talk with him... Be very polite and listen... I'm getting into building performance E4OD/4R100s slowly, the research has been done I can tell you that much.. But john will help you build what you are looking to build.
Thank you I will do that I sent an email for the time being and will call him when I get the chance.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

pdumont01

Reaction score
Update on what he says, I'm removing mine in the spring for a rebuild. Was going to go with a stage 2 or 3 master kit.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

shorty2tall

Reaction score
What tq converter do y'all recommend? I'm looking at precision stallion, and racerX I like the price of racerX better but I want something that will last.
Going to be ordering parts next week.

Patrick

sootie

Reaction score
you wont go wrong with precision. May also want to look at DPC

Latest posts

Members online