e99 to late with injector swap

n2o

Reaction score
So I have an early 99 rcsb and ran across a set of stg 1 injectors(180cc). They have about 150 miles on em. He's upgrading to some stage 3's with his tax return. Lol. I also bought an 01 parts truck with a new turbo. So I was considering swapping to the 99.5+ turbo. My question is what all should I replace while swapping?

n2o

Reaction score
One of my main questions is, I have what seems to be a healthy hpop but I also have a t-500 that's fresh and ready to go, should I go ahead and put it on or see what my pressure is after the injector swap. I have also been looking at riff raff's hpx and hpx but by the time I buy those and the extra fittings, looks like I'll be about as well off to buy a complete regulated return.

n2o

Reaction score
Pic of said truck. It's almost painted, more pics to come.

Attachments

• 20140827_175446.jpg
    20140827_175446.jpg
    734.3 KB · Views: 66

psduser1

Reaction score
your best bet is to ask psduser1 he know his stuff when it comes to SD's. LOL

Don't dig me any holes, Bill. I'm far from being a guru, lol.
As far as the pump, I'd run the original, and check the numbers, personally. I don't have an personal experience with the t-500, but most people seem happy with them.
That said, any tuner worth his salt will work with your hardware to satisfy you. A bigger pump may give you a little more throttle response, and top end.
Depends what you're trying to accomplish with the truck, hp-wise.

n2o

Reaction score
I just want a good running truck, that I can dd reliably. I don't even know if I want to put the injectors in right now but I for sure want to get as many e99 parts off the truck as possible. 99.5+ parts are much easier to source. I have stuff on the ragged edge but if I were to scatter the psd, I'd 12v it. Much easier to work on and only one head to keep down.

psduser1

Reaction score
I just want a good running truck, that I can dd reliably. I don't even know if I want to put the injectors in right now but I for sure want to get as many e99 parts off the truck as possible. 99.5+ parts are much easier to source. I have stuff on the ragged edge but if I were to scatter the psd, I'd 12v it. Much easier to work on and only one head to keep down.

You need a lot more fuel before you gotta worry about heads, lol.

wildbill963258

Reaction score
Don't dig me any holes, Bill. I'm far from being a guru, lol.
As far as the pump, I'd run the original, and check the numbers, personally. I don't have an personal experience with the t-500, but most people seem happy with them.
That said, any tuner worth his salt will work with your hardware to satisfy you. A bigger pump may give you a little more throttle response, and top end.
Depends what you're trying to accomplish with the truck, hp-wise.

LOL I'm not tryin to dig you any holes but you know alot more about these thing than I do LOL

n2o

Reaction score
You need a lot more fuel before you gotta worry about heads, lol.

Oh yeah, I wasn't worried about that at the expected output. It was mainly small talk and my way of saying if I want to get crazy, it won't be with the 7.3. But it'll be trying to put down way more than I want to try and punish with the manual trans that's in the truck. Otoh, my parts truck has an auto....

wildbill963258

Reaction score
you dont wanna swap over to a auto because it way cheaper and easier to build the manual to handle the power than it is on the auto. a fully built E40D will run anywhere $2500-$3000+ where as most of the time unless you absolutely go crazy with your power, all you need to do with the manual tranny is upgrade the clutch. even if you do get power crazy after the clutch its pretty must just the output shaft and maybe the input shaft so its still cheaper to upgrade the manual than it is the auto

Last edited:

n2o

Reaction score
Yeah but the end result is so much more rewarding. Mine is a 5sp, 1 more gear would be sweet.

wildbill963258

Reaction score
do you know the model of the auto in your parts truck? it dont really matter how many gears you have it's all in how the whole drivetrain is geared ive seen 3 speeds keep up with 5 spds and 4 spds keep up with 6 spds in fact do you know that every NASCAR transmission is a 4spd? and yet they have the capability of doing 230 mph. if you want more speed just change the gearing in the rearend thats whole lot cheaper and easier than changing out transmissions trust me my truck has an auto in it and i hate it im switching it over to manual here in the next year or so.

n2o

Reaction score
I was really speaking about from a performance standpoint bc everytime you pull back or push forward on that handle, you lose that much time you could be accelerating. I love the efficiency and reliability of the manual but I wont be pulling over 6-7k with it so I don't think it's a big deal from that side of the coin. Only cool thing about a manual would be a 4wheel high 2nd gear clutch dump and I'm thinking that would be much more spendy than an automatic. I'm just gonna drive it a while and see what happens. I'm so ready to drive something for running around other than my reg cab first gen tundra. It's Just too small to be comfortable other than around town.

wildbill963258

Reaction score
yeah i know how you feel man i used to drive an 1988 dodge ram50 that was a single cab long bed 4wd lol. I still miss it but it was way too small to do any long distance drives in. Me and my dad took up the whole cab if we both were in it LOL.

Last edited:

ghohouston

Reaction score
There aren't any upgrades to do to a zf5 or 6. They won't last under much upgraded power, especially if you're a speed shifter. The days of a manual transmission being stronger than an auto are long gone. Unless you're making 800-1k horsepower, a well built automatic trans will probably outlast the truck itself.

psduser1

Reaction score
There aren't any upgrades to do to a zf5 or 6. They won't last under much upgraded power, especially if you're a speed shifter. The days of a manual transmission being stronger than an auto are long gone. Unless you're making 800-1k horsepower, a well built automatic trans will probably outlast the truck itself.

I'd have to agree with this.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
id apmost guarantee that hrt has upgraded a zf6... stock zf6 is good to dam near 800hp. just need a clutch.

live life full throttle

ghohouston

Reaction score
id apmost guarantee that hrt has upgraded a zf6... stock zf6 is good to dam near 800hp. just need a clutch.

live life full throttle

Everything I've ever seen/heard said there were no upgraded parts for em. Hell, I'm sure with someone like hrt, he has the resources to make some one off parts for one. But I could be totally wrong.

wildbill963258

Reaction score
on most any manual transmission ever offered even for ford's there's an upgrade for them usually its just a clutch but sometimes there's even more. hell i can find upgrades for my saginaw 3 spd in my race car LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.