Easiest way to remove hot side pipe?

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Iirc cutting it, taking the front end apart or lifting the cab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pog

Reaction score
i remember reading a thread i believe they had to unbolt the power steering res, and possibly unbolting rad support.

Last edited:

Fenner408

Reaction score
Well that's kinda what I figured. I painted it black when I had the cab up. Now I want blue but don't want the cab up lol

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Pull the front end off. Easier then pulling the cab. I would recomend going with Mikes No Limit hotside pipe. His pipes are very nice, get a raw one and paint it the way you want. That way if you change your mind about colors you can just pull the 2-piece pipe apart instead of pulling the front end or lifting the cab.

mortal798

Reaction score
Is it that bad? I thought pull the battery tray and coolant reservoir, maybe loosen core support, turn it sideways and sneak it out...???

Fenner408

Reaction score
I'd like to go with Mike's, but with no performance gains it's hard for me to justify. Do I need to pull the radiator and everything then?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd like to go with Mike's, but with no performance gains it's hard for me to justify. Do I need to pull the radiator and everything then?

2 advantages to mine, removable and stainless.

BFT

Reaction score
I'm goin to try to pull mine soon to see if it's possible. I have a spare hot side pipe with a welded bung I will be painting black.
I'd prefer to go the no limit route, I'm just curious

Super08Duty

Reaction score
I'm not positive but I don't think It can come out in one piece sense it's basically the shape of an "S". If you pull the front end you'll have to remove all coolers, including ac condensation coil, tranny cooler, power steering cooler, radiator, and fuel cooler on the side of the intercooler. Also gotta pull the rad support off to get the radiator out. It looks intimidating but it's not bad at all. If the bumper is adjusted really close to the coolers you'll have to pull the bumper. If not you may damage the radiator trying to fight it out/in.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Ill do it soon as well. I dont anticipate it being that bad. Battery tray/coolant tank removed and it should pop out

Fenner408

Reaction score
It put up a fight but I got it out. Pulling the degas tank/ battery tray worked. I had to loosen the brake module as well to gain some room.

20120917_185530.jpg

Latest posts

Members online