Ebp tube/sensor question?

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
This could all be in my head but I may have noticed my truck boosting more than usual...could just be my imagination but how will I tell if this needs replaced or cleaned? No codes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radioflyer

Reaction score
It's condensation getting into the EBP tube.

Pull the tube out and the sensor and clean it out the tube. Also check the sensor for any type of corrosion and what not. You can pick up a new sensor just in case, not too bad priced from your local dealer or I can facilitate you with one.

But try cleaning it first and see it that helps. If it doesn't, pick up a new sensor or else you can potentially over speed the turbo thus causing some damages to the pocket book and your rig.

Just went through this on my truck, seem's to be a common deal on "race" 6.4's in cooler weather areas.

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
My truck is only dpf deleted no horse tune. Still have egr.

Floorboy

Reaction score
Drivers side ex manifold.(more or less, its the egr pipe technically) Pretty easy to unhook the tube from underneath. One 10 mm up top I believe.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Drivers side ex manifold.(more or less, its the egr pipe technically) Pretty easy to unhook the tube from underneath. One 10 mm up top I believe.

Correct. It's not hard to take off at all. The Sensor itself use iirc a 1" wrench.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
Most guys have problems after they've blocked off or removed there EGR coolers. I think its because the gas can't flow past the tube, now the pressure builds up in the pipe right near the ebp tube but is at a stand still since there's a plate right there where the cooler bolts up. My new exhaust manifolds have a bung for the ebp tube on the top, front passenger manifold. No more problems.

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
Just left the ford dealership and they said it's all running within good parameters. Hmmm. Must just have been my imagination. I do not have a egr delete

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
Do you run any gauges? My Minimax allows me to monitor things like boost and back pressure so I know right away if there's a problem.

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
No I don't have any gauges. I still feel like something's wrong cuz I hit 31ish psi at 3/4 throttle. Does that sound normal? It just seems like it's pushing more boost.

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
I cleaned the sensor and tube with brake cleaner and that seemed to help.

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
Is it possible the psi sensor is going bad or I have a leak somewhere? I just can't figure out why this thing is making more boost than normal. Have heard people say cold air is more dense than warm air but still I JUST noticed it. Other than that it's running great. Dealer said everything is in check. Idk...

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Figured I'd continue in here, instead of starting another thread......

In the middle of "relocating" the EBP to clean up the up-pipe coming off the EGR......can a bung just be welded on the main up-pipe and sensor screwed in or does it need the tube as well??? thanks!

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Figured I'd continue in here, instead of starting another thread......

In the middle of "relocating" the EBP to clean up the up-pipe coming off the EGR......can a bung just be welded on the main up-pipe and sensor screwed in or does it need the tube as well??? thanks!

Yes a bung can simply be welded in. However. I would not screw the sensor directly into the pipe. It gets to hot, and the sensor will melt. I would recommend using something like a drive pressure filter.

I build these for the 6.4, 6.0s. They eliminate ebp freeze up, and clogging of the sensor with soot
IMG_20140927_152107209_HDR_zpsrljv7ef9.png

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Yes a bung can simply be welded in. However. I would not screw the sensor directly into the pipe. It gets to hot, and the sensor will melt. I would recommend using something like a drive pressure filter.

I build these for the 6.4, 6.0s. They eliminate ebp freeze up, and clogging of the sensor with soot
IMG_20140927_152107209_HDR_zpsrljv7ef9.png

Yeeeeaaa......well.......you were right about the heat LOL.....

Just need to a male to male fitting so I can use the tube and re-bend it for the sensor, thanks though

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.