EC/LB Motor Build

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I suppose it depends on what you consider clean.. I'm the kind of nutjob that's wiping dust off weekly

Maybe the satin is fine, one of those "you won't know until you try it" deals
The gloss is probably better... just haven't seen many satin jobs.

No need to dust the engine off when it hasn't started in about 3 weeks. Hibernating on the trickle charger :(

Black AOD

Reaction score
Gen 2 High Powers Arrived from Elite Today.

uploadfromtaptalk1454973443549.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1454973456613.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1454973468944.jpg

Black AOD

Reaction score
Curiously enough, the VGT has a batmo wheel in it measuring 63mm....wasn't expecting that....everything looks good though. Got a new one piece hotside pipe which is nice....Tadd modified a new RCD SS Up-pipe so we can run a twin wastegate setup on these which will be nice. Everything in the pictured box is off to the powder coater and will be back next week. Tear down for turbos and fuel system begins next Monday the 15th.

Also, Jared @ OUO has hooked me up with some serious Axle love products that will go on after I get the truck back. Thank you Jared! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Black AOD

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, the LP 76 has a stronger and better and slightly larger compressor wheel, the VGT obviously has a 63mm batmo wheel and I believe the Gen 2 7675 is rated for higher HP now. I believe the VGT has another change too but I can't remember what....

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
lol, note to self, refresh window if left for a while, before posting a question as it's likely been answered already

Black AOD

Reaction score
Here are pics of both turbos with the compressor housings off. Can see the wheels more clearly

uploadfromtaptalk1454999634973.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1454999646893.jpg

Black AOD

Reaction score
I wonder why they went with a batmo. I've heard that in tests they were worse than a standard wheel

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I had always heard the same as well. That's why I'm skeptical. I messaged Tadd and asked him why the switch to a Batmo...I'll see what he says.

Although I'll offer this, most of the data I saw on Batmo wheels were on single turbo setups and the few that were in compounded setups, usually the wheel was only in the LP Atmo turbo and not the HP VGT (if it was a VGT HP). So maybe in a VGT setup it may do better, I honestly have no idea, I'm just thinking out loud.

Latest posts

Members online