Edge Evolution CTS

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
I know this has somewhat been discussed before, but not my exact question. Regardless ill beat the dead horse one more time...

Ive decided my current truck wont be receiving any modifications like I originally planned. Its not the truck I want to invest money in especially since its not the cab configuration I want for a DD street truck, so it will remain the work truck and only that. My question is then, custom tunes wont necessarily be needed since I wont be doing any mods, so I went on craiglist and a guy is selling his evo CTS for 200 bucks. Ive read some bad reviews, but with the "transmission programming" and me just really only using the economy setting I figure it may not be a bad idea?

So for my want of limited power gains and just some better fuel economy what do you think? Would I be purchasing the grenade everybody claims it to be?

mandkole

Reaction score
$200 seems like a good deal for the function it has. Do you get all of the sensors, etc or just the panel? Hell, try the tunes but know that they are dated and you can always go back to stock if they don't work right.

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
$200 seems like a good deal for the function it has. Do you get all of the sensors, etc or just the panel? Hell, try the tunes but know that they are dated and you can always go back to stock if they don't work right.
Fella claims that everything in the box from the factory is included. Says he sold his truck and buyer didn't want it. If anything I can just use it for gauges and codes. Also read the CTS will show injector balance somewhere?? Not sure if that's true

Smokeem

Reaction score
If it's the evolution I believe that it tunes the trans. Also it is updatable. Just make sure that it was returned to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
Well I missed out on the edge due to working so much and seller working nights, just couldn't set up to buy. Oh well, have a line on an older SCT x3 really cheap, anyone have any opinions on these units? I figure some custom tunes from a vendor on here and off to the races haha

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
Im hoping Gearhead will still be able make tunes for the X3 specifically so if anyone has that answer it would be much appreciated. Not often these come up new in box on craigslist so dirt cheap don't want to miss out

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Im hoping Gearhead will still be able make tunes for the X3 specifically so if anyone has that answer it would be much appreciated. Not often these come up new in box on craigslist so dirt cheap don't want to miss out

Not sure if he can or not. He may hop in here and let you know.

But if he cannot, we can. Let me know if you are interested and I will get you some pricing.

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
Not sure if he can or not. He may hop in here and let you know.

But if he cannot, we can. Let me know if you are interested and I will get you some pricing.

Thanks Justin I will keep that in mind. I'll shoot you a PM as well if I can pick up this unit. Seller is not being very accommodating, wants to mean during the middle of the day, must not have a job

Latest posts

Members online