Edge ez

Centurion_guy

Reaction score
Hey guys. The centurion had an edge tuner under the hood when I bought the truck. As far as I can tell the rest of the truck is stock. I dont know what the tuner is currently set at. What do you guys think is a safe power level to run? Are the tunes ok out of the box? I want to run it until the truck gets new injectors
Thanks,
Ryan

superpsd

Reaction score
Does not matter what power level you set it at. The stock injectors don't fuel enough to hurt the engine really. Granted a Pyrometer if you do not have one installed will be a good way to keep an eye on things. Unless you have an automatic trans it seems like it's a roll of the dice on a E4OD. Many say their tuning is crap. It would be a better choice to ditch it and go with a hydra.

Last edited:

Centurion_guy

Reaction score
The truck is a zf5 so I don't expect to break that. Do you think I can run the 60 hp with factory intake and exhaust for a few months until I add an intake and strait pipe it. I don't know how much air the truck can move in factory trim.

superpsd

Reaction score
I ran my Zf5 rig with the PHPs 80hp tune for a year or so before I started upgrading. You may want to roll under the truck and confirm if you still have a DMF or upgraded SMF

superpsd

Reaction score
Dual mass flywheel what these trucks came with. Which are problematic and the single mass flywheel kits eliminate the issue.

cleatus12r

Reaction score
The "EZ" is NOT a "tuner". It is impossible to have crappy tuning on this device.

Since you have a manual transmission, run it and don't look back. You're not going to hurt anything with this glorified "10k mod" or injection control pressure fooling device.

Centurion_guy

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I will have to throw the truck on a lift at work and take a look at the flywheel. I was just concerned about over fueling a stock truck and running the egts up too high until I start modding the truck. But it sounds like I should be ok.

Latest posts

Members online